Project Manager/Business Analyst – Level 3
Post University is currently accepting applications for Project Manager/Business Analyst – Level 3 to join our growing team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!” and “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
As part of the Project Management Office (PMO), support the business by managing and reporting on project assignments. Responsible for applying knowledge of how the business works and what the business goals are to driving high visibility, complex, business critical projects to successful completion. Responsible for identifying and pursuing value-add opportunities as well as spotting approach gaps and working with the business to ensure they are addressed.
- Establishing and maintaining solid, collaborative relationships with all levels of the business.
- Proficient in the elicitation of business requirements for large and complex projects.
- Assess, analyze, and document sponsor/stakeholder needs.
- Use BA constructs such as use cases, user scenarios, current state vs future state, process maps, etc., to comprise a detailed depiction of the business need.
- Ability to organize and collaborate with stakeholders from multiple business areas.
- Managing assigned projects through our established PMO process with a great deal of independence and demonstrating consistent and experienced judgement based in a solid understanding of both PMO practices and business operations.
- Establishing project expectations and cadence and employing a variety of tactics to maintain a sense of urgency to keep projects from stalling.
- Identifying and communicating risks and engaging business to address them to the best possible outcome.
- Proactively reflecting upon and communicating lessons learned and using that information to continually improve future project work and continually improve the PMO process.
- Serving as a mentor to help less experienced PM/BAs build skills.
- Exhibiting leadership and creative analysis and problem solving to address project obstacles.
- Completing research projects as assigned through a disciplined approach.
- For general industry research, having a solid understanding of the context of the goal and providing a clear and concise synopsis of findings and recommendations.
- For product research, having a solid understanding of the context of the goal and providing a clear and concise comparison of options that will meet the need.
- Leading IT projects that will contribute to continual improvement by envisioning the end goal and leading the determination of all the components of process, adoption, training, communication and maintenance to successfully launch the effort. This advanced leadership skill will be applicable to business projects to bring value-add and spot implementation gaps.
- As required, prepare and deliver report outs to upper management and executive level audiences.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- Proven knowledge of project management and business analysis disciplines with 6+ years of experience in managing all aspects of a project from eliciting business requirements to developing and managing a project plan, deliverables and documentation with an attention to detail, quality and timeliness.
- Ability to manage 5-8 complex, high visibility, cap-ex/enterprise projects simultaneously, to work well under pressure and to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Creative approach to problem-solving and leadership that is well suited to business critical, complex and high visibility projects.
- Strong business and process acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a focus on customer service and professionalism.
- Experience with preparing and delivering presentations to upper management and executive level business owners.
Post University requires, as a condition of employment, that all new hires and employees have or obtain the Covid-19 vaccination and booster, and provide proof of same unless an exemption or deferral is approved.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
"You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
"The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management