Post University is seeking a Revenue Analyst to join our team.
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever evolving organization?
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
The Revenue Analyst will be responsible for the constant tracking and analysis of all revenue activities generated within the company, including tuition, fees, room and board, tuition discounts and scholarships. In addition, the Revenue Analyst will analyze and report on accounts receivable and assist with the cash flow analysis of the company. While performing these functions, the analyst is responsible to ensure compliance with Company policies, internal/external auditing requirements and regulatory guidelines.
The primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Constant and continuous tracking and analysis of all revenue activity on a daily, weekly, monthly, and per term basis using Campus Nexus Student reporting system.
- Maintain an understanding of accounting and student database systems in place to ensure that the systems are utilized effectively and provide timely and accurate revenue recognition.
- Reviews revenue, discounting, and scholarship trends and variances to ensure accurate GL coding and provide analysis/recommendations regarding improved financial results and controls.
- Serves as Liaison with the Student Finance team to analyze/review student billing processes and timing, scholarship and discounting policies and procedures, and provides daily feedback to both Student Finance and Fiscal Operations.
- Tracks student accounts receivable and aging reports in relation to disbursement of financial aid, cash collections, and cash flow management.
- Active participant in the month end closing process to ensure all revenue related activity is represented in a timely and accurate manner.
- Advises/trains associates in proper revenue, discounting, and scholarship accounting policies and procedures to comply with company/departmental expectations.
- Assists with year-end accounting activities related to financial reporting including completion of year-end audit packages on a timely and accurate basis. Prepares documents for, and assists as necessary with, the internal and external auditors to ensure that audit work is accomplished effectively and efficiently.
- Maintains chart of accounts as applicable to revenue recognition
- Provides ad hoc reporting, analysis, and special projects as required.
- Performs all duties in a professional, customer service, business partnering manner.
- S., B.A. or equivalent in Accounting, or Finance
- 5+ years’ experience in Managerial Accounting
- Experience with federal, state and local tax processing.
- Microsoft Office, including intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Experience with CampusVue or similar ERP’s a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent financial analysis and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Strong customer orientation;
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- General office environment with individual work space and standard office noise
- Ability to sit and type at a computer terminal for long periods of time utilizing close vision to review reports and documents.
- The individual must be able to perform each of the essential responsibilities listed satisfactorily; these are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management