Scholarship and Alternative Loan Specialist
Post University is a Scholarship and Alternative Loan Specialist to join our growing team.
Do you want to help others change their lives through education?
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever evolving organization?
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
The Scholarship and Alternative Funding Specialist will be responsible for securing non-Title-IV funding for students in need of funding, as well as those students who are at risk of over-borrowing. This role will require interaction with students through any means of communication necessary, as well as liaising with third party companies. Success will be defined by the number of students helped, and the amount of funding secured.
- Research and locate scholarships that Post University students are eligible to apply for
- Research and secure grants for our students by completing grant proposals
- Research and secure state grant funding for students attending Post University in all states
- Find and secure additional alternative loan options for any of our students
- Work with our marketing team to advertise these options on our website and various social media avenues.
- Perform outreach to students who have cash obligations or are over-borrowing, to encourage them to apply for scholarships and grants
- Encourage students without any alternatives to secure alternative loan funding
- Adhere to the Universities non-negotiable behaviors
- Foster the University culture to Make It Personal by working cross-functionally across the University and enhancing the culture of collaboration and respect among all Faculty, Associates, and Students.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred; however, an equivalent combination of education or experience can be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent computer skills; able to use Microsoft Office products and University systems
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Sense of teamwork, creativity, and flexibility
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Energetic and goal-oriented; strong interest in working in a fast-paced environment that requires prioritizing
- Possess a passion for helping others
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in an over 129-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management