Post University is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team.
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever evolving organization?
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
The Senior Accountant will manage all general accounting and consolidated financial reporting activities. Ensures that these functions consistently comply with Company policies, internal/external auditing requirements and regulatory guidelines. Ensures accounting/finance/payroll/tax systems, operational procedures, and management practices are standardized to achieve both successful operations and adequate controls.
The primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Implement and/or maintains monthly closing procedures, oversees and reviews the month-end close routines to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting in accordance with GAAP. Ensures that all related account analyses and sub-ledgers such as prepaid, accruals, reserves, bank reconciliation, refunds, write offs, etc. are current and/or reconciled to support the general ledger balances and financial statements.
- Maintain an understanding of accounting and student database systems in place to ensure that the systems are utilized effectively and provide timely and accurate financial information.
- Reviews monthly expense trends and variances to ensure accurate GL coding and provide analysis/recommendations regarding improved financial results and controls.
- Responsible for overseeing the consistent, accurate administration of payroll expense reporting/system utilization and compliance (consistent with governmental requirements) for all employees.
- Oversees all expenditures as per Company policy by reviewing accounts payable, expense reports, and stipends for accuracy, required approvals/back up documentation and coding.
- Act as a liaison between all department heads and leadership team to communicate accounting and financial reporting changes and ensure adherence to these changes.
- Advises/trains associates in proper accounting/finance policies and procedures to comply with company/departmental expectations.
- Plans and controls year-end accounting activities related to financial reporting including completion of year-end audit packages on a timely and accurate basis. Prepares documents for, and assists as necessary with, the internal and external auditors to ensure that audit work is accomplished effectively and efficiently.
- Assists in compiling all data necessary in completing all federal, state, and local tax returns.
- Maintains chart of accounts.
- Provides ad hoc reporting, analysis, and special projects as required.
- Performs all duties in a professional, customer service, business partnering manner.
- S., B.A. or equivalent in Accounting, or Finance
- 5+ years’ experience in Managerial Accounting
- Experience with federal, state and local tax processing.
- Microsoft Office, including intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Experience with CampusVue or similar ERP’s a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent financial analysis and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Strong customer orientation;
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- General office environment with individual work space and standard office noise
- Ability to sit and type at a computer terminal for long periods of time utilizing close vision to review reports and documents.
- The individual must be able to perform each of the essential responsibilities listed satisfactorily; these are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management