Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for Gaming and Esports
Post University is seeking Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for Gaming and Esports to join our team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”, “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive and fun! We are singularly focused difference makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
POSITION SUMMARY & SCOPE:
The Subject Matter Expert (SME) assists in the development of an online and on campus courses focused on Gaming and Esports Management during a three-month development cycle. This is remote, contract work. The SME will collaborate with an Instructional Designer and the Program Chair to map content to course outcomes, select course materials, develop course content including assignment and discussions, and review all course content to ensure accuracy and appropriateness. At minimum the candidate should have experience within the gaming/esports industry or a proven track record of thought leadership within the space.
- Provide high quality instructional content and materials in collaboration with key stakeholders utilizing the Post University design process in a given quarterly development cycle.
- Collaborate effectively to meet design deadlines.
- Ensure all content aligns with course outcomes and unit objectives.
- Review the final product.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and performance required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND PERFORMANCE:
- An understanding of esports/gaming – marketing, communication, psychology, sociology, project management, finance, competitive play and other topics will be of interest.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated collaborative skills.
- Ability to use a variety of web-based communication tools.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills, flexibility, attention to detail, and ability to work professionally and collaboratively in a virtual, remote environment.
- Experience developing college-level online courses.
- Online teaching and learning experience in Higher Education.
- Master’s degree or higher preferred but not required.
This position is temporary, over the course of one quarter (three month) development cycle. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Successful candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- The role expectations above are a.) intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the associate, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills b.) subject to change without advance notice and c.) intended to include other duties as assigned.
- Post University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company makes all selection and other employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, the Company provides reasonable accommodations for applicants or associates with physical or mental disabilities in accordance with applicable law(s). If an accommodation is required to apply for employment, or to perform the essential responsibilities of a position you seek, please contact Associate Experience so appropriate arrangements can be made.
- As an at-will employer nothing contained above modifies or alters each associate’s employment status is “at-will” unless otherwise approved in writing by Post’s Chief Executive Officer and President.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management