Post University is seeking a Staff Accountant to join our Financial Operations & Reporting team.
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever evolving organization?
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek team members who:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
We are searching for a Staff Accountant who is an excellent multi-tasker with exceptional communication and time management skills. This individual can expect to perform duties within the Financial Operations & Reporting (F.O.R.) department to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities. The Staff Accountant must be thorough and accurate with good research and problem-solving skills. To be successful in this role, the candidate should have an understanding of, and the ability to adhere to, generally accepted accounting principles as well as strong technology skills, particularly expertise with Microsoft Excel and experience with accounting software.
STAFF ACCOUNTANT RESPONSIBILITIES (this list may change according to organizational needs):
- Execute mid-level general ledger account reconciliations, accurate reporting, data verification and analysis
- Monitor policies and procedures for assigned areas, and identify and suggest improvements for accounting procedures
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial requirements, maintaining compliance
- Review general ledger accounts and prepare adjusting journal entries
- Assist with initial internal control evaluations
- Provide outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Maintain knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business accounting, or finance (other majors accepted with additional experience)
- Internship or professional accounting experience; experience within higher education a plus
- Exceptional time management and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to keep, maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge and understanding of, and ability to adhere to, accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (with advanced ability in Excel) and accounting software (MS Dynamics a plus)
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a changing environment, while maintaining professional manner, strong ethical code
- Desire to continue to grow through continuing training
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and remain motivated and positive, while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
- Commitment to fostering the University culture to Make It Personal by working cross-functionally across the University and enhancing the culture of collaboration and respect among all Faculty, Associates, and Students
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management