Student Accounts Processor
Post University is seeking a Student Accounts Processor to join our team.
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever evolving organization?
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
Within the Office of Student Finance, the Student Accounts Processor reports to the Lead Student Accounts Processor and is responsible for working with all active and inactive online and site students as it relates to the tuition process for Post University. The Student Accounts Processor will provide support for the Lead Student Accounts Processor to meet the highest standards of service. Additionally, they will provide excellent customer service to students in a proactive manner and utilize problem solving skills to promote success and retention. The Student Accounts Processor is also responsible for all student accounts administrative tasks related to on ground and commuter students; including but not limited to: payment plans, invoicing, account adjustments, and all other non-counseling student accounts tasks. The Student Accounts Processor compiles data for and assesses different payment options and related services, reconciles accounts as related to student eligibility, and any remaining out of pocket payment arrangements. The Student Accounts Processor troubleshoots to provide resolution to ensure tuition obligations are met, while maintaining compliance with all internal and federal financial aid policy and procedure. Internal customer service is extensive and time sensitive.
- Possess a thorough understanding of Title IV funds, regulations and eligibility requirements
- Follow-up with new and continuing students on payment completion requirements
- Create payment arrangements for cash pay students and students with a shortfall
- Contact students to collect outstanding balance requirements
- Collect direct bill and tuition reimbursement documentation for payment, invoice accordingly
- Counsel the military student population regarding benefits available to them
- Possess knowledge of applicable policies, procedures, regulations and laws to ensure compliance
- Promptly respond to customer service issues, concerns and escalations
- This position requires a flexible schedule and weekend hours to meet the needs of the university
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, cultural behavior, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Prior collections experience required
- Demonstrate leadership skills with a strong emphasis on the Post culture, motivation, delegation, and the effective communication of goals
- Excellent phone, email, and face-to-face communication skills; maintains a positive attitude
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement assigned responsibilities and to work well under pressure to meet established deadlines
- Excellent computer skills; able to use Microsoft Office products and university systems
- Exceptional problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Energetic and goal-oriented; strong interest in working in a fast-paced environment that requires multi-tasking.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management