Student Accounts Processor
Post University is currently seeking a Student Account Processor to join our team.
Are you a champion for both student and university success?
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever evolving organization?
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
This position reports to the Assistant Director of Billing Operations. The Student Accounts Processor is responsible for assisting Main Campus and ADP Student Accounts by calculating Title IV Refunds and reducing receivables. Functions include billing research, financial aid and enrollment analytics of student accounts. Proactive outreach, invoice accordingly, create payment arrangements, process payments and monitor accounts. This position will work collaboratively with the Financial Aid Advisors and Student Finance Advocates to resolve out of pocket expenses and back balances and contribute to compliance as well as collectively reducing bad debt. This position will consistently and proactively work directly with the Admissions Representatives, Academic Success Coaches, Registrar and Financial Aid to exceed retention goals. Provide exceptional customer service to our students and assist the AD of Billing Operations, Collections Manager, Associate Director and the Director of Student Accounts with assignments as needed and ensure compliance with Post University policies and procedures.
- Account breakdowns, Title IV excess fund calculations, process refunds.
- Manipulate Excel spreadsheets to produce informational metrics.
- Assist new and returning students via phone, email and face to face interactions.
- Monitor and periodically review accounts for registration eligibility and apply holds to avoid increased accounts receivables.
- Possess knowledge of all applicable policies, procedures, regulations and laws to ensure that student accounts are properly assessed and invoiced.
- Create payment arrangements, process payments, approve/deny transcripts and diplomas.
- Complete account processes accurately and provide excellent customer service.
- Complete and generate tasks in CRM to appropriately communicate finalization of cash pay, tuition reimbursement, direct bill and military benefiting students to streamline enrollment process and exceed enrollments goals for the upcoming modules.
- Participate in registration days, accepted students’ day and open houses.
- Handle Customer Service issues and concerns associated with direct bill, refunds and corporate partnerships.
- This position requires a flexible schedule and weekend hours as needed to meet the needs of the Office of Student Finance.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Quality customer service experience.
- Proficient in billing and higher education regulations.
- Goal oriented and effective oral, written and face-to-face communication.
- Ability to negotiate, organize, and implement assigned responsibilities and to work well under pressure to meet established deadlines.
- Energetic with a positive attitude while working in a fast paced environment that requires multi-tasking while providing an exceptional student experience.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office, Jenzabar, Powerfaids and other Post University related programs.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in an over 129-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management