Student Finance Advocate
Post University is seeking Student Finance Advocates to join our growing team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!” and “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
Post University requires, as a condition of employment, that all new hires and employees have or obtain the Covid-19 vaccination and booster, and provide proof of same, unless an exemption or deferral is approved.
Working in the Office of Student Finance (OSF) and reporting to the Assistant Director of Collections, the Student Finance Advocate is responsible for working with all active and inactive students as it relates to the tuition process for Post University. The Student Finance Advocate will provide support for the Assistant Director of Collections to meet the highest standards of service. Additionally, they will provide excellent customer service to students in a proactive manner and utilize problem solving skills to promote success and retention. The Student Finance Advocate is also responsible for all Student Accounts administrative tasks; including but not limited to: collections, payment plans, account adjustments, and data entry. The Student Finance Advocate compiles data for and assesses different payment options and related services, reconciles accounts as related to student eligibility, and works to resolve any remaining out-of-pocket expenses. The Student Finance Advocate provides resolutions to ensure tuition obligations are met, while maintaining compliance with all internal and federal financial aid policies. Evening and weekend hours are required.
Post University currently offers the option to work a hybrid schedule in this position with some days on ground and others working from home. When working remotely, candidates will need to plug their equipment into their home router (50-foot ethernet cable will be provided by Post). No wireless connections are supported. The home internet minimum requirements are a 10 Mb download speed and a 3 Mb upload speed. The upload speed is essential for a consistent audio connection for the phone system.
- Communicates with new, continuing, and inactive students on payment completion requirements
- Counsels students with high balances or delinquent accounts
- Contacts students to collect outstanding balance requirements
- Possesses a thorough understanding of Title IV funds, regulations, and eligibility requirements
- Establishes payment plans to cover any balance that is not supported by the financial aid award. Prepares payment plans for tuition, fees, room and board, lab, and all other University charges for each semester
- Possesses knowledge of applicable policies, procedures, regulations, and laws to ensure compliance
- Promptly responds to customer service issues, concerns, and escalations
- Performs all data entry for Student Accounts, including entering comments to the student records
- Works closely with Financial Aid, the Registrar’s office, and various other departments to assist students with their financing and advising needs
- This position requires a flexible schedule and weekend hours to meet the needs of the university
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, and/or one to two years customer service experience required
- Must have excellent computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office, internet applications and database software
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Must be energetic and goal-driven; strong interest in working in a fast-paced environment
Post University requires, as a condition of employment, that all new hires and employees have or obtain the Covid-19 vaccination and booster, and provide proof of same unless an exemption or deferral is approved.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
"You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
"The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management