Student Finance Advocate
Post University is seeking Student Finance Advocates to join our team.
Do you want to help others change their lives through education?
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever evolving organization?
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
Position Summary: A Post University Student Finance Advocate, in our Accelerated Degree Program (ADP), is responsible for reaching out to students with accounts in the various stages of payment delinquency to the University in a fast-paced goal oriented manner. Excellent communication, listening, customer service and collections skills are required to excel in this high volume, results-driven position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a high-volume of outreach including phone calls, email and written correspondence to advise account holders (students) of the debt to achieve the best possible payment arrangement.
- Must retain a courteous and professional demeanor with customers while remaining confident and firm in attempting to resolve a debt.
- Must possess a solid understanding of billing and account information and strong math skills regarding collection issues, account review and discrepancy resolution.
- Must possess good judgment and negotiating skills to successfully arrange payment plans that the debtor can afford while still meeting overall department goals.
- Enlist the efforts of management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- An associate degree is preferred but not required.
- At a minimum, must have 2-3 years’ prior collections experience
- Candidate must possess outstanding phone/email etiquette, excellent communication and people skills
- Apt in negotiating and persuading
- Resilient with impolite students
- Proficient computer and mathematical skills
- Able to multi-task in a high volume call environment with urgent response time
- Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence
- Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines
- Critical attention to detail and knowledge of federal regulations
- Ability to investigate and resolve accounts
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements (Truth in lending act, individual state requirements)
- Prior remote work experience
- Prior financial/sales background
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management