Student Finance Specialist
Post University is currently accepting applications for the role of Student Finance Specialist, Main Campus.
Working in the Office of Student Finance (OSF) and reporting to the Assistant Director of Main Campus Financial Aid, the Student Finance Specialist is responsible for counseling and advising new and returning main campus students on financial aid, student loans and other areas pertinent to financing one’s education. The Student Finance Specialist will coordinate the student finance process by interviewing students, determining eligibility, and ensuring all paperwork is completed. Additionally, this individual will provide excellent customer service to students and families and work to overcome student issues or concerns to promote student success and persistence. Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interviews students applying for financial aid and determines eligibility for assistance with higher education tuition obligations; Assists students and families with FAFSA completion and ensures that all paperwork is completed correctly.
- Facilitates entrance and exit interview for the new student population and Federal Direct Loan recipients.
- Establishes a payment plan to cover any balance that is not supported by the financial aid award. Prepares payment plans for tuition, fees, room and board, lab and all other University charges for each semester. Assists in various other student account related functions.
- Counsels students with high balance or delinquent accounts and determines if additional financing is needed.
- Performs all data entry for student accounts, including entering comments to the student records., entrance and exit counseling dates, etc.
- Assists students and families in developing a financial aid, alternative loan, and academic plans to support student success at Post University.
- Collects all required documents for “Verification” on those files selected by the US Dept. of Education and/or the University.
- Works closely with Admissions, the Registrar’s office, and various other departments to assist students with their financing and advising needs.
- Participates in student registration activities and development activities designed to promote student awareness, retention and success.
- Works with academic advising and faculty to identify students having academic problems and strives to overcome these issues to promote student success and retention; coordinates discipline issues with student services.
- Possesses knowledge of all applicable policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Bachelor’s degree preferred, and/or one to two years’ customer service experience required. Must have excellent computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet applications and database software. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task. Must be able to work in a team oriented, objected focused environment.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in an over 129-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management