System Administrator for Blackboard
Post University is seeking a System Administrator for Blackboard to join our team.
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever evolving organization?
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
This job is located at our main campus in Waterbury, CT. It is a full time opportunity and may include evening, weekend, and possible holidays as required.
The System Administrator for Blackboard manages the environment and daily operations of the LMS technologies and architecture. These duties include:
- Act as the interface and customer advocate to ensure customer and stakeholder requirements are being addressed
- Coordinates with IT & Instructional Design, Academic Affair, departments and appropriate committees regularly to ensure open communications about integrations, upgrades & issue resolutions
- Interacts with vendors to plan system integrations, upgrades, and problem resolution
- Interacts with University teams as the System Administrator
- Meets weekly with Blackboard 24/7 Help Desk to review current and upcoming activity
- Meets weekly with Blackboard Service Delivery Manager to review current and upcoming activity or discuss problem resolutions
- Maintains application security by physically developing the security structures, managing user access, and maintaining sufficient security documentation
- Manages building blocks and assures upgrades for Blackboard Learn are done in a timely manner
- Understands, recommends, and implements a regularly scheduled, university-wide archiving / deleting process plan
- Troubleshoots, maintains and enhances SIS Integration Feeds
- Review and recommend improved system input (how the system is designed) so it yields excellent output (better reports, time saved, efficient use)
- Review and recommend how the LMS system might be used to pass information to required end users, whether that information is training content, assessment results, or student/instructor records and activity
- Ensures all application and process documentation is complete, meets the standards of the department, and is filed with both ID and IT
- Collaborates with business customer to accurately translate business needs to clearly defined system and business process requirements
- Create system design and interface documents (i.e., swim lane diagrams) and secures appropriate sign-off on design
- Creates system technical specifications, translating system requirements and usability into a unified, state of the art system definition
- Organize technical specifications into manageable parts and coordinates resource requirements with all affected organizational leadership
- Provides time and resource estimate to complete project
- Secures appropriate sign-off prior to implement and assure acceptance
- Develops and maintains implementation timeline and provides project status communications to ID manager, business stakeholders, project team, and IT management
- Manages testing in the TEST, STAGE, and PRODUCTION environments for any type of upgrade / enhancement
- Identifies, documents and communicates to affected parties impacts prior to release of upgrade in TEST or STAGE
- Contributes, recommends, and manages release of user training (train the trainer) as needed to support upgrade and current functionality
- Contributes, recommends, and manages release of user communication (AFs, APMs, Students, staff) as needed to support upgrade
- Works with internal contacts (and vendor if needed) for 3rd party products to confirm all testing is done and results are satisfactory before any upgrade (examples: McGraw Hill, Pearson, Ambassador / VitalSource, etc.)
- Change Release Management
- Liaises with technology and business areas to ensure smooth delivery of software change in the production environment
- Identifies, creates, and follows processes that effectively and securely deliver change in the production environment
- Project manages creation and delivery of documentation, training, and communications for all end-user groups identified as necessary to implement a change to the PRODUCTION environment
- Demonstrates a commitment to Post University and its mission, vision, values, and policies
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience as a Blackboard Learn system administrator
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms
- Knowledge of e-learning and distance learning best practices
- Proficient in system analysis and troubleshooting to analyze, isolate, and document problems/issues, identify risks, and develop options/solutions
- Ability to define project goals and work independently to complete projects while adhering to the established schedule
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed to support scheduled maintenance and upgrades
- Experience with Blackboard Learn Version 9.1 and higher (SaaS a plus)
- Ability to use a variety of web-based communication tools for everyday work.
- Positive, solutions oriented, and forward-thinking attitude.
- Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills, customer service attitude, attention to detail, and ability to work professionally and collaboratively.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365
- Blackboard Administrator Certification
- Exposure to Student Information
- Experience with multiple Learning Management Systems
Education and Experience Training:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in instructional technology, computer science, or related field; or work experience in lieu of education
- LMS administration experience including knowledge of Blackboard user roles, LTI, SIS Integration, and Building Block upgrade and deployment
- Excellent technical writing and training skills with the ability to write clear and accurate software and training documentation
- Exposure to Student Information Systems (SIS)
- Experience with project management and collaboration tools
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in an over 129-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management