Blackboard System Administrator
Post University is seeking a Blackboard System Administrator (Full Time) to join our team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”, “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
Campus Location: Remote or Waterbury, CT
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week; evenings, weekends, and possible Holidays as required
- Manages the environment and supports the daily operations of the LMS technologies and architecture. These duties include:
- Act as the interface and customer advocate to ensure customer and stakeholder requirements are being addressed
- Coordinate with IT, Instructional Design, Academic Affairs, and other appropriate departments and committees regularly to ensure open communication about integrations, upgrades & issue resolutions
- Manage daily operations and support of the LMS.
- Interact with vendors to plan system integrations, upgrades, and problem resolution
- Interact with University teams as the System Administrator
- Meet weekly with Blackboard 24/7 Help Desk to review current and upcoming activity
- Meet weekly with Blackboard Service Delivery Manager to review current and upcoming activity or discuss problem resolutions
- Maintains application security by physically developing the security structures, managing user access, and maintaining sufficient security documentation
- Manages LTI integrations and assures upgrades for Blackboard Learn SaaS are validated on a regular and timely basis.
- Understand, recommend, and implement a regularly scheduled, university-wide archiving/deleting process plan
- Review and recommend improved system input (how the system is designed) so it yields excellent output (better reports, time saved, efficient use)
- Review and recommend how the LMS system might be used to pass information to required end users, whether that information is training content, assessment results, or student/instructor records and activity
- Ensure all application and process documentation is complete, meets the standards of the department, and is filed with both ID and IT
- Collaborate with business customer to accurately translate business needs to clearly defined system and business process requirements
- Create system design and interface documents and secure appropriate sign-off on the design
- Create system technical specifications, translating system requirements and usability into a unified, state of the art system definition
- Organize technical specifications into manageable parts and coordinates resource requirements with all affected organizational leadership
- Provides time and resource estimate to complete project
- Secures appropriate sign-off before implement and assure acceptance
- Develops and maintains implementation timeline and provides project status communications to ID manager, business stakeholders, project team, and IT management
- Manages testing in the TEST, STAGE, and PRODUCTION environments for any upgrade/enhancement
- Identifies and documents impacts before the release of an upgrade in TEST or STAGE
- Contributes, recommends and manages user training release (train the trainer) as needed to support the upgrade and current functionality.
- Contributes, recommends, and manages user communication releases (AFs, APMs, Students, staff) as needed to support upgrades.
- Works with internal contacts (and vendor if needed) for 3rd party products to confirm all testing is done and results are satisfactory before any upgrade (examples: McGraw Hill, Pearson, Ambassador / VitalSource, PostOne, etc.)
- Change Release Management
- Liaises with technology and business areas to ensure smooth delivery of software change in the production environment
- Identifies, creates, and follows processes that effectively and securely deliver change in the production environment
- Project manages creation and delivery of documentation, training, and communications for all end-user groups identified as necessary to implement a change to the PRODUCTION environment
- Demonstrates a commitment to Post University and its mission, vision, values, and policies
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience as a Blackboard Learn system administrator
- LMS administration experience, including knowledge of Blackboard user roles, LTI, and Building Block upgrade and deployment
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms
- Excellent technical writing and training skills with the ability to write clear and accurate software and training documentation
- Knowledge of e-learning and distance learning best practices
- Proficient in system analysis and troubleshooting to analyze, isolate, and document problems/issues, identify risks and develop options/solutions
- Ability to define project goals and work independently to complete projects while adhering to the established schedule
- Experience with project management and collaboration tools
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed to support scheduled maintenance and upgrades
- Experience with Blackboard Learn Version 9.1 and higher
- Experience with Adobe products
- Experience with Microsoft Office Professional Plus Suite
- Blackboard Administrator Certification
- Exposure to Student Information Systems (SIS)
- Knowledge of and experience with Campus Management/Anthology Ecosystem
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in instructional technology, computer science, or related field
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management