Program Chair, University Pathways Program
Post University is seeking a Program Chair, University Pathways Program to join our team.
Are you a champion for both student and university success?
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever evolving organization?
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
The Post University Pathways Program (UPP) is a collaboration with EdAdvance, the regional special education service provider in the State, as well as K-12 school districts to support the academic, social, and vocational needs of students. UPP is a comprehensive, 11-month transition program offering support to students in all 16 areas of the CT Core Transitions Skills on the Post University campus. The collaborative program provides students with the bridge they need to access, define, and implement a plan of action to achieve their postsecondary education and post-school employment outcome goals.
The program is all-inclusive and designed to meet the needs of students who have met their high school graduation requirements; who have been identified as requiring further support and instruction across the 16 identified transition planning skill areas. These students are provided services according to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). Students are identified through their Planning and Placement Team (PPT) and have post-school outcome goals to attend a 2 or 4-year college or certificate program, but need an additional year to further develop the skills necessary to succeed in postsecondary education programs without IDEA supports.
The Program Chair is responsible for teaching 4 courses per year, including the two Transition Seminar courses, TRN091 in the fall term and TRN092 in the spring term, and other courses commensurate with experience.
This is a full-time, main-campus position with hours 7:30 am – 3:30 pm daily. Evening and/or weekend hours may be occasionally required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and competencies required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Doctoral degree preferred, master’s degree required in education, counseling, social work or related area with certification or licensure in one or more of the following areas:
- #070 School Psychologist
- #071 School Social Worker
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- 3-5 years of experience working in a Transition and/or ESY program/s.
- Possess knowledge of CT CORE Transition Skills and have a thorough understanding of IDEA and ADA, and how they apply to students with disabilities both in high school and in post-secondary learning environments.
- Extensive knowledge of K-12 education and special education services; proficiency in methods and strategies to foster strong executive functioning skills among the special needs population.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills in order to facilitate programming, interface with Post University and EdAdvance staff, and report progress of IEP goals to university and public school personnel.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience at the college/university level, which should include prior online teaching experience.
- Desire and ability to grow programs of study with innovative curriculum.
- Must be adept in the use and applications of instructional technology.
- Passion for education and genuine interest in leading others and having the ability to deploy resources efficiently and effectively.
- A passion to create and provide an outstanding learning experience that is grounded by an uplifting, supportive student-focused approach.
- Experience using assessments to improve teaching or programs is a plus.
- Ability to accept and render constructive criticism in a professional manner.
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and collaboratively in teams is required; must be a team-focused leader with a positive attitude.
- The Program Chair will be expected to teach a minimum of 4 courses per academic year.
- Participate in at least two university committees or other relevant workgroups/initiatives.
- Develops curricula to achieve stated University, School and program goals and outcomes.
- Updates and revises course content and teaching methodology to ensure currency and relevance.
- Ensures curricula is developed, implemented and revised to reflect relevant professional standards.
- Actively seeks ways to improve instruction quality.
- Maintains familiarity with current texts, electronic course materials, teaching aids and techniques relative to courses and recommends their adoption when appropriate.
- Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the curricula that rely on the general sciences; facilitates and monitors practice experience activities.
- Assists programs with the assessment and evaluation of data to measure program learning outcomes as needed.
- Prepares reports required by local school districts, as well as the state and federal government and regulatory agencies.
- Works collaboratively with Main Campus Advising to advise and provide support and mentoring to students in order to ensure personal goals and program requirements are met.
- Continuously searches for new and innovative ways to improve quality of the UPP.
- Supplies the supporting offices with necessary information vital for the program’s maintenance and development such as marketing, admissions, and the office of student information and records.
- Participates in University governance activities.
- Assists with addressing and resolving grade appeals, grievances, or other administrative matters as warranted.
- Supervises faculty or staff members who are hired to work with the UPP as assigned by Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor, the Dean of the John P. Burke School of Public Service and Education, and/or the Office of Academic Affairs.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 127-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management