Select Page

This month we are highlighting influential women at Post University in honor of Women’s History Month. Read more at Women of Post.

Dana Wilkie, Ed.D.
Assistant Provost

What inspired you to enter the field of education, or got you started on your professional path?

My career in higher education began 36 years ago as an Educational Assistant at Housatonic Community College.

As I look back at my administrative career, I have grown from an Educational Assistant, to an Assistant Director of Advising to the Director of Graduate Programs and eventually to the Assistant Dean at Fairfield University’s, Dolan School of Business.

While at Fairfield University, I initiated and supervised the Fairfield chapter of the National Association of Women MBAs. I’ve gained an understanding of national and international higher education trends, particularly in graduate education.

As a recognition of my potential, I received a faculty development grant to attend the HERS (Higher Education Resource Services) Leadership and Management Institute. HERS is a leadership development and research organization that is dedicated to creating and sustaining a diverse network of women leaders in higher education.

I’ve had several women mentors along the way. To grow further in my career trajectory, I served as the Academic Dean at Charter Oak State College from 2010 to 2013, where I developed partnerships with various agencies aligned with workforce development needs.

Through a newly established partnership with Capital Workforce Partners, credit and non-credit certificate programs were developed to meet the needs of Certified Nursing Assistants within the Eastern Connecticut Health Network.

Currently, as the Assistant Provost at Post University, I have gained direct experience collaborating with deans and faculty in developing workforce, career driven programs for adult learners.

Classes Start Aug. 26Request Info