Clicky

Select Page

Post University Blog

This month we are highlighting influential women at Post University in honor of Women’s History Month. Read more at Women of Post.

Jennifer Labate
Title IX and Disability Coordinator

I began my legal career by pursuing courses and internships with a discrimination law concentration, including work with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

As an attorney specializing in employment law, I became adept at addressing discrimination, harassment and retaliation complaints, especially those based on gender and disability.

My work in the Employment Law Unit of the New York City Administration for Children’s Services exposed me to a diverse community of employees, as well as to children in need.

One of the highlights of my career was receiving the Commissioner’s Child Advocate Award for my work there.

My position as the Title IX and Disability Coordinator at Post University has allowed me to transition from discrimination in the employment sector to that in higher education.

It has also enabled me to marry my passion for helping young people and my commitment to establishing environments free of discrimination.

It’s now my privilege to assist students with Title IX issues like sexual/gender-based harassment and assault, interpersonal violence and stalking, as well as provide them with equal access to education through a host of disability related services.