Clicky

Select Page

Post University Blog

This month we are highlighting influential women at Post University in honor of Women’s History Month. Read more at Women of Post.

Karin Mann MS, ATC, LAT
Senior Associate Director of Athletics

What inspired you to enter the field of education, or got you started on your professional path?

What inspired me to get into athletic training, and what most athletic trainers will tell you, is that as an athlete I was constantly getting hurt.

I was fortunate to attend an all-girls high school, so there was no shortage of strong female role models around.

One of our alumni happened to be an athletic trainer and physical therapist (her mother was also my 5th grade teacher), she would come to the school for a few hours a week to do evaluations and rehab with anyone that needed it. After spending so much time watching and learning from her I decided it was for me and the rest is history, sort of…

Who was your female role model? Yes, you can credit your mom.

My female role model is hands down my Aunt Kathleen, even my mom knows and can’t argue it!

She lived four houses down from us and as soon as my sister and I were old enough to cross the street on our own we were always at her house (she also had a pool, major bonus points there).

She took me for my first horseback riding lesson when I had just turned five, still to this day some of my favorite memories involve her and horses!

Do you want share your interest or involvement in a community organization?

Right now a good number of our teams are working with Team Impact and have “signed” members to their rosters. It is an awesome organization that works to pair up children facing life threatening illnesses with college teams!

I love that our coaches have welcomed these kids and their families to their teams, it is absolutely awesome to see the bonds being formed and the how those bonds can make such a huge impact. Here is a link to their website – Team Impact