Select Page

This month we are highlighting influential women at Post University in honor of Women’s History Month. Read more at Women of Post.

Vicki Whisenhant
Chief Experience Officer

What inspired you to enter the field of education, or got you started on your professional path?

I attended a professional development event while in college. I enjoyed the event so much and the woman leading the session appeared to be having fun as well, that it made me want to do ‘fun’ work while helping others advance their careers. That launched my career as a corporate trainer and grew into organizational development and now leading customer & employee experiences.

Who was your female role model? Yes, you can credit your mom.

I have been fortunate to have many woman role models throughout my life. The first was my mother who taught me to be adventurous by embracing and experiencing people, places, thoughts & beliefs that were different from mine, and the importance of contributing to others through service.

Another was a manager early in my career that taught me the value of building relationships with my colleagues (we’re still friends today).

A little later in my career, I learned from a successful female executive that embracing my own femininity & being true to myself made me a more powerful & impactful leader.

Do you want share your interest or involvement in a community organization?

I’ve been active throughout my life with a variety of organizations-all having a mission of advancing the lives of others through education & services. I currently serve on committees with the United Way and the Arts & Culture Collaborative.

Classes Start Aug. 26Request Info