Clicky

Select Page

Post University Blog

Meet Miranda Polaski, a Post University Graduate, Class of 2015.
Current Position: Emergency Medicine PA in Southington and the Assistant Coach for Post University Women’s Lacrosse.

What got you interested in Biology?

I have always had an interest in life sciences and medicine. From a young age, I was interested in nature and the human body and throughout my early education particularly grew in interest in human biology. When I was 10 or 11 years old, I had gone to a “Real Bodies” exhibit demonstrating whole-body plastination and I knew then on I wanted to study biology.

How did you biology degree help obtain your Master’s Degree in Physician Assistant Studies?

Understanding the cellular and molecular pathophysiology, as well as the anatomy, of the human body is key to understanding medicine on a macroscopic level. A foundation in biology helped me appreciate and understand disease progression and treatments for both acute and chronic medical illnesses. Additionally, study biology helped prepare me for the rigorous workload and fast-paced expectations of PA school.

Why did you choose Post for this program? What are your memories as undergrad?

I chose Post for combination of opportunities both academically, athletically, and socially. I appreciated the small class size and grew close to many of my professors, who were extremely pivotal in helping me reach my career goals.

I have so many memories from my time at Post but lacrosse holds a special place in my heart.
Despite never having the best record, I look back at the time we spent together as a team, with my coaches, and with some of my best friends and I would do it all over again if I could. I am so happy to be back with the program this year. I love seeing the growth of the program both on and off the field and I cannot wait to see this team reach its full potential.