Clicky

Select Page

Post University Blog

Post alumna and current online MBA student, Kristen Gillespie, recently joined the University as our new Career and Internship Advisor. It was only weeks ago that Gillespie was living in Atlanta, Georgia. Extremely excited for this new opportunity, Gillespie accepted the job and moved to Bristol, Connecticut within weeks.

“I’m so excited to be here. I’ve worn many hats, tried many paths, and have been all over the world. I’ve explored so many avenues, and when this job was offered to me, I couldn’t wait to begin.”

Gillespie spent some time as an Operations Specialist for Zipcar, worked as a Quality Control Manager for Nissan and even spent eight years traveling around the world while she was a military flight attendant. She spent so much of her life exploring her interests, and she is looking forward to helping students do the same.

Though she had received her undergraduate degree in psychology studying online, Gillespie was still unsure what path she wanted to take. Therefore, she decided to go back to school and really focus on her career. Initially, when she was searching for online schools, Gillespie wanted a school with culture – one where there were sports teams and residence halls. “I wanted to feel like I was a part of it,” she said.  “Post was my top choice, and I received exactly the experience I was hoping to achieve. I felt connected to the university.”

Gillespie had such a positive experience as an online student and wants to ensure that others utilize the resources available to them as she did. Her main goal is to create an environment that is approachable for students. To achieve this goal, Gillespie intends to be visible around the campus and at events, so that students build relationships with her, and therefore feel comfortable coming to her for advice.

“I have been that student who needed help,” said Gillespie. “My advisors at Post always made me feel like I was going to be okay and that I was not alone. Even as an online student, I felt as though I were physically there on the campus.”

Gillespie had actually received help from the Center for Career and Professional Development (CCPD) when she was an undergraduate student. At the time, Associate Director of CCPD Christina Billings had helped her with her resume. Little did she know at the time – they’d be working alongside each other years later!

Gillespie believes that with her experiences as both a student and an employee within various fields, she has something valuable to offer to students. “I have no desire to tell them what to do or what they should do. It’s all about asking the right questions to get them to figure out their own interests,” said Gillespie.