Clicky

Select Page

Post University Blog

This month we are highlighting influential women at Post University in honor of Women’s History Month. Read more at Women of Post.

Carla Goldstone
Program Chair of Biology
School of Arts and Sciences

Why do you think it is important for females to be represented in your respective field or in education?

It’s important to encourage females to pursue careers in STEM and provide their unique perspectives on scientific issues. Only about 25% of STEM jobs are held by women and I would love to see more equal representation.

Who was a female role model for you growing up or currently? 

One role model that immediately comes to mind is Dr. Jane Goodall.  She has devoted her life to researching the behavior of chimpanzees through field research and has broken down many barriers for women scientists. Even at 85, she is still going strong and sharing her message of conservation all over the world! 

Do you have a favorite memory from your time at Post?

My favorite memory from my time at Post is the first commencement ceremony at the Palace in downtown Waterbury.  The day was filled with excitement and pride.  This was evident on the faces of the graduates and the professors that supported them through their journey. That personal bond was inspiring and reminded me of why I love my job. I look forward to celebrating that day with my upcoming students this year!