Clicky

Select Page

Post University Blog

This month we are highlighting influential women at Post University in honor of Women’s History Month. Read more at Women of Post.

Tracy Ralston
Library Director

Why do you think it is important for females to be represented in your respective field or in education?

Being represented in the higher education field lessens gender disparity, and grants women equal footing and leadership roles in the workplace.  Women are service oriented. We as a group bring a more family friendly environment, more education opportunities for our children ,educational guidance/mentorship opportunities, community involvement, and more empowerment for women in politics.

Who was a female role model for you growing up or currently?

My 89-year old mother-in-law is my current role model.  She is strongly supportive of her family, lives independently, works part-time as a computer consultant, and drives her 90 -something friends around, truly an inspiration.

Do you have a favorite memory from your time at Post?

I fondly recall all of the Commencements I have been part of since I took over as student flag bearer coordinator.  Commencement time is exciting, fun, and it warms my heart every time to see how happy and accomplished our students are on this special day.

Truly part of the student experience, Tracy has been with Post for over 30 years.