This Week’s Activity and Event Highlights
- CCPD Handshake Presentation
Wednesday, April 26, 2023 1:45 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. Eastern time | North 109 or join virtually at event time
- Title IX and Disability Services Sexual Assault Awareness Month “How Can Men Be Better Allies?” Event
Wednesday, April 26, 2023 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Eastern time | MacDermid 116 or join virtually at event time
- ADP Advising Online Student Finishing Strong and Starting Off Successfully Workshop
Wednesday, April 26, 2023 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Eastern time | Join virtually at event time
- Student Art Exhibition
Thursday, April 27, 2023 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Eastern time | MacDermid First Floor Hallway
News from the Nest
- Alumni Spotlight – James Wright ’11: Sharecroppers, point guards and professors via Waterbury Republican-American
- James Vincent Named CACC Player And Rookie Of The Year; Kerber Makes All-Conference
- Alumni Spotlight – Monica Sims: Meriden’s new planning director brings local knowledge, years of experience via Record-Journal
- Naboka Named Defensive Player Of The Week; Lockyer Named To Honor Roll
Eagles Fans – don’t miss out on any of the action – head on over to the Athletics website for upcoming competitions, season standings, stats, and links to game live streams. Don’t forget to tag your social media posts with #GoPostEagles – we’ll share our favorites on the digital screens around campus, on the official Post University accounts, and in this newsletter!
Weekly Wellness Corner
The Weekly Wellness Corner is brought to you by Mental Health and Wellness Services – here, you’ll find content, tips, tricks, programs, and resources to help you thrive as a Post Eagle!
For those times when our mind wanders into the void of worry and uncertainty, when our tempers are just boiling under our skin, and when the lack of control, we feel overtakes us. We need practical and tangible stress relief activities to implement in the moment and shift us back into the present.
Here is an exercise that you can do when you want to come back to the present and lessen feelings of anxiety:
5-4-3-2-1 Grounding Technique
This is to bring your focus from your mind to your physical body. Look around and name 5 things you can see, 4 things you can feel, 3 things you can hear 2 things you can smell 1 thing you can taste. Finding that overwhelming? Just focus on 3 of each. 3 things you can see, you can feel, you can hear, you can smell and you can taste. The key is to bring awareness to your physical body to bring you out of your overthinking and anxiety.
Student Spotlight: University SGA Celebrates the Academic Achievement, Student Leaders and Clubs
As part of the 2023 Main Campus Student Government Awards, we are proud to feature student leaders and organizations from across campus that won the various leadership awards for their contributions to the University community. Read more for the full list of award recipients.
Congratulations to our hard-working and dedicated Eagles for all they accomplished during the 2022-2023 academic year!
Get inspired this April – new opportunities await! Have you contacted the Center for Career and Professional Development at Post University? There are a couple of amazing people there just waiting to have the chance to help you once your journey with Post as a student or an alumnus has started. Check out their information here: https://post.edu/ccpd/
It’s time to break the stigma! The OSGA Public Relations Committee invites you to the 2nd Annual Mental Health and Wellness Panel on May 18th. This is an excellent opportunity to have those pressing mental health questions answered with three specialists in the field, topics including burnout and tips-tricks for self-care. Let’s come together to discuss how to promote and improve mental health. #YOUmatterMHpanel23 https://use02web.zoom.us/j/88380409501
Love horses? Want to learn more and join a club that talks all about them? Come spend an evening with the Equine Club on Monday, May 1st at 8pm EST as Program Chair Abby Nemec in the OSGA meeting space. New to the OSGA meeting space? That’s okay; just follow these directions that evening to gain access: Head over to the Virtual Campus, Click on the Clubhouse, Online SGA, then scroll down and Click Join Meeting.
The Equine Club regrets to inform the student body that the event with the Equine Transporter previously scheduled on April 24th has been cancelled. They still hope to see anyone that’s interested in the club at the meeting that evening at 8pm EST.
Are you interested in running for a leadership position, or do you want to participate in a committee? The OSGA welcomes all students committed to positively impacting the Post community. Join us Mondays @ 6pm EST and help shape the future of online education! https://linktr.ee/postuosga
Career Development Information
5 Reasons Why You Need Handshake!
In case you missed the news, the Center for Career and Professional Development brought Handshake to Post in March. Handshake is an online platform that connects all students to job and internship opportunities and employers across the country. You may be wondering why you need Handshake. We could give you a million, but here are the top 5:
- Competitive Advantage – Handshake is the only place that connects you, Post University, and employers together. You’ll see jobs and internships posted specifically for students, and employers actively recruiting for jobs and internships.
- Active Recruiters – Employers on Handshake message students with event invites, interview requests, and new job opportunities.
- No Experience Required – The jobs on Handshake are meant for students like you, so you can get the work experience you need.
- Curated Work Opportunities – When you fill out your profile, we’ll show you jobs and internships that match your interests and skills. You may even discover a new career path.
- Exciting Employers – Top employers are recruiting students on Handshake, including Fortune 500, startups, nonprofits, and more.
Visit the Center for Career and Professional Development in North 103 or email the team at [email protected] to sign-up for a Handshake account.
Share your voice – serve your Post community
We want to hear from you! It’s been about a year since we updated our mission statement, and we want to know your thoughts—you are the driving force behind our mission and your feedback is invaluable. Please take a moment to complete this 3-question survey regarding the effectiveness of the Post University Mission Statement.
-The Accreditation Team