Check Out the University Calendar for Everything Happening at Post!
This Week’s Events and Activities
News from the Nest
Eagles Fans – don’t miss out on any of the action – head on over to the Athletics website for upcoming competitions, season standings, stats, and links to game live streams.
Don’t forget to tag your social media posts with #GoPostEagles – we’ll share our favorites on the digital screens around campus, on the official Post University accounts, and in this newsletter!
Black History Month 2022
February 1 kicks off the University’s annual celebration of Black History Month. This year marks the 96th anniversary of this month-long celebration, and the Association for the Study of African American Life and History, which officially founded Black History Month, has selected this year’s theme as “Black Health and Wellness.” We have several events and other enriching activities planned for the month. We encourage you to take the “28 Days of Action” challenge by participating in the activities, events, and explorations detailed above.
Visit the University’s United in Action page for links to books, films, website, podcasts, and videos engaging you in Black History topics through February and beyond. Tap the “Learn More” button to get started.
Campus Students – Upcoming On-Campus COVID-19 Booster Clinics
We will be hosting a COVID-19 Booster Vaccination Clinic on-campus for eligible students in partnership with Waterbury HEALTH. The clinics will be held on:
- Monday, February 14, 2022 | 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Click the “Register” button below to complete the online form and register for an appointment. You will need your previous vaccination history information to complete this form. Vaccinations will be administered in Post’s Student Health Services Office (East Hall Annex) on-campus. Questions? Please contact Student Health Services at [email protected] and 203.596.4503.
Center for Academic Success – Instructional Tips & Strategies Virtual Workshops
The Center for Academic Success will be offering the following virtual workshops focused on developing your academic skills. This is a great opportunity to enhance your current abilities and begin developing new skills. Click the “Register” button below to sign-up!
- Research and Outlining (Monday, 1/31, 5-6 pm). Students will have an overview on best practices in answering discussion board questions and responding to their peers. Hosted by: Sean Crose, Writing Specialist
- APA 7th edition (Tuesday, 2/1, 2-3 pm). Students will have a lesson in proper APA formatting. Also, students will learn more about citations and references. Hosted by Amber LaPointe, Writing Specialist.
- Discussion Board Responses 101 (Tuesday, 2/1 3-4 pm). Students will learn proper outlining and research techniques. Hosted by: Cindy Young, Academic Success Specialist
- Statistics & Using Statcrunch (Thursday, 2/3, 6-7pm) Students will learn how to use Statcrunch in preparation for taking Statistics and coursework with a Statistics component. Hosted by: Marie Papp, Math Specialist
- Basic Excel Skills Review (Thursday, 2/3, 7-8 pm). Students will learn an overview of Microsoft Excel, and skills that you can apply to your coursework. Hosted by Lorraine Zullo, Business Specialist
- NEW! Coping with COVID (Friday, 2/4 – Pre-Recorded). Students will learn how to stay on top of their academics while dealing with the nationwide pandemic. RSVP by 2/3 11:59 PM EST. Video will be emailed on Friday, 2/4. Hosted by: Michael Adesida, Director; Nicole Fiorucci, Assistant Director
#PostUViews: Women’s Ice Hockey Multiple Sclerosis Benefit Game