This Week’s Activities and Events Highlights
- Business Students: Ask Me Anything with Dean Bauer – Baldrige Student Town Hall
Monday, March 6, 2023 1:45 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. Eastern time | MacDermid 116
- The Fight for Women’s Suffrage in CT – A Women’s History Month Event
Monday, March 6, 2023 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Eastern time | Join virtually at event time
- Celebrating the Important Women in Our Lives – A Women’s History Month Event
Wednesday, March 8, 2023 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Eastern time | Leever Student Center – Dining Hall
News from the Nest
- Alumni Spotlight: Framework Science Welcomes Industry Technology Maven, Sue Bergamo, to its Technical Advisory Board via Fox40
- Haines Named To All-CACC First Team
- Holmes Named To All-CACC Second Team
- Weber Named NE10 Rookie Of The Year; Brewer Named To Second Team
- McGrayne Named To USILA Team Of The Week, Makes CACC Honor Roll
Check Out the University Calendar for Everything Happening at Post!
Important Online Student Reminder
- Term 5 2023 Courses Begin Monday, March 6, 2023. Log in to each of your courses and participate as soon as possible and contact your student success advisor at 203.568.1652 with any questions you have or assistance you need.
Important Main Campus Student Reminder
- Spring Recess is next week (March 13-17, 2023). Residence halls close at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, March 10, 2023 and will reopen on Sunday, March 19, 2023 at noon.
Eagles Fans – don’t miss out on any of the action – head on over to the Athletics website for upcoming competitions, season standings, stats, and links to game live streams. Don’t forget to tag your social media posts with #GoPostEagles – we’ll share our favorites on the digital screens around campus, on the official Post University accounts, and in this newsletter!
Important May Commencement Reminders
Preparing for Graduation
We want to celebrate YOU in May. Have you done the following?
- Submit your graduation application, and indicate if you are attending your ceremomy.
- Order your Cap & Gown by March 11 to ensure timely delivery: post.shopoakhalli.com
- Watch the inbox of the email address you listed on your graduation application for info on ordering guest tickets, if needed.
Online Students: Join us for one of our upcoming virtual info sessions and get your questions answered!
Although March may be one of the longest months of the year due to coming after a short month and having to spring forward an hour, it is also a very important one. It is Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month, and here at Post University, the team is ensuring that everyone has an equal opportunity to learn. To find out more resources and contact someone about assistance with a disability, please follow the link below:
In March, the OSGA raises awareness about the supports and rights of people with disabilities and celebrate their contributions to society. Education is key to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Student Spotlight: Emily Tarko, ’23
Internship Combines Students’ Business Education with Interest in Global Aerospace and Defense Industries.
Emily’s dream came true when she applied for the Global Trade internship at Collins Aerospace and was hired to work on a number of business-focused projects.
Read more about Emily’s experience interning at Collins Aerospace here.
March is Women’s History Month
Women’s History Month is a celebration of women’s contributions to history,culture and society and has been observed annually in the month of March in the United States since 1987. Women’s History Month 2023 will take place from Wednesday, March 1 – Friday, March 31, 2023. Learn more about Women’s History Month here.
Did You Know: The Counseling Center has a New Name!
Earlier this year, the team from the Counseling Center joined the team from Title IX and Disability Services and moved into the new Center for Mental Health and Wellness in North Hall. Continuing to provide students with a more holistic mental health and wellness experience, the Counseling Center is now called Mental Health and Wellness Services. You can still count on the same awesome support from the team with an added focus on how your mental health can impact your overall wellness!
Weekly Wellness Corner
The Weekly Wellness Corner is brought to you by Mental Health and Wellness Services – here, you’ll find content, tips, tricks, programs, and resources to help you thrive as a Post Eagle!
The power of Intention:
Intention gives us a direction that helps us settle into new capacities. We move from void to abundance. We become our own guide and harness the positivity that comes with each day.
When you set an intention, it provides accountability and allows you to take control of your personal choices and life. It’s about being proactive in your own life, by purposely choosing how you want to live it.
Honors Club Hosts Fun and Entertaining Open Mic Night
The Open Mic Night is an event the Honors Club has been planning since the Fall 2022 semester. We put a lot of time and effort into making it a reality. Our goal was to bring the community together for a night of entertainment and fun and allow students to show off their talents. This could be in the form of singing, dancing, reading poetry, or telling jokes during a late-night dinner on Tuesday. The event was very successful and had a bigger turnout than we initially anticipated it’s something we hope to bring back every spring semester as this event was something we noticed students enjoyed and had a lot of fun.
Honors Club Member and SGA Secretary
ICYMI: “Don’t Touch My Crown”
Sponsored by Black Student Union and Campus Life, “Don’t Touch My Crown” was an event held to educate and empower women of all backgrounds about the beauty of various hair types, especially the different kinds of curly hair and how it represents Black women and why it is essential not only to people of color but to society.