WATERBURY, CT (September 13, 2021) – Post University has been awarded a Silver Stevie® Award in the Employer of the Year category in the sixth annual Stevie Awards for Great Employers. The university was recognized for its efforts in supporting faculty, associates, and students during the pivot to online learning at the onset of the pandemic.
“I am so proud of our nearly 2,000 faculty and staff who worked tirelessly and cohesively to make the Post University experience extraordinary, particularly during COVID-19,” said Post University CEO & President John Hopkins. “We wouldn’t be where we are today without the support and dedication of this incredible team.”
The Stevie Awards for Great Employers recognize the world’s best employers and the human resources professionals, teams, achievements, and HR-related products and suppliers who help to create and drive great places to work. Nearly 1,000 nominations from organizations of all sizes were submitted for consideration in a wide range of HR-related categories, including Achievement in Workplace Safety & Compliance, Employer of the Year, Chief Human Resources Officer of the Year, Human Resources Team of the Year, Employee Relations Solution Provider of the Year among others.
More than 70 professionals worldwide participated in the judging process to select this year’s Stevie Award winners.
Post University’s focus on culture reaped rewards amid the COVID pandemic through the following employee-relations achievements:
- Launched Associate Relief Fund for personal emergencies, providing $95,000+ to 200+ associates
- Maintained associate premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for four consecutive years
- Achieved 89% annual associate retention rate in 2020 (up from 84% in 2019)
- No employees were laid-off or salaries reduced during COVID-19; instead, offered merit increases to full-time associates
- Expanded (6/2020) associate health coverage to include 24/7 mental health access during the COVID pandemic for associates and their families.
The new culture yielded positive results during a challenging year for higher education:
- Averaged a 94.4% positive rating from the New Associate Experience survey
- Increased student census 25% from 12,000 to 15,000
Winners of the awards named the Stevies from the Greek word meaning “crowned,” will be recognized during a virtual awards ceremony on November 17. Registration for the ceremony is now open.
Details about the Stevie Awards for Great Employers and the list of 2021 Stevie winners are available at www.StevieAwards.com/HR.