January 7, 2022
As an update to our most recent communication earlier this week, and in response to your concerns regarding the limited availability of Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) tests, please see the following:
We still encourage everyone to get a PCR test before returning to campus. However, we are accepting at-home rapid test results for the pre-arrival testing requirement. If you use a rapid test, please take the test within 24-hours of your arrival. Ideally, you would take it just before you get in the car to leave for campus. If you take a PCR test, results should still be submitted before you arrive on campus, if possible.
Reporting Process for Pre-Arrival Test Results: Resident Students and Commuter Students
- Prior to your arrival on campus, please upload your negative test result via the Post Mobile App, under the tile “Upload Your COVID Test Results.” Please write your name, date of birth and the date and time the test was performed and upload a photo of the results.
- If you tested positive for COVID-19 during the holiday break (Dec 17, 2021 until your arrival on campus), Student Health Services requires you to upload a copy of that positive test result. Please upload this result via the Post Mobile App.
- If either your At Home Rapid Test or PCR test return a positive COVID-19 Test result, DO NOT come to campus. Please stay home and isolate for 10-days. Still submit your results. See first bullet for process.
Second On-Campus Testing: All students that did not take a pre-arrival PCR test will take a second COVID-19 rapid test when you get to campus and before your first class. Student Health Services will administer this test.
- Student Health Services will administer tests in their East Annex Office on Sunday Jan 16 from NOON to 4 p.m. and Monday Jan 17 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Student Health Service will The Traurig Library Board Room to administer tests:
Tuesday, Jan 18: 6:45 a.m. to NOON. Wednesday, Jan 19: 7 a.m. to NOON
If you are a Main Campus MBA student, please get your test in Student Health Services during their normal office hours (9AM – 5PM) beginning January 10, 2022.
Note to Student Athletes: Your COVID-19 test will be done in groups by team. You will hear from the Athletics Department regarding your testing protocols.
During the COVID-19 Testing Protocol, your Daily Symptom tracker will begin in Red. The status will change to Yellow after Health Services approves your pre-arrival test. It will not move to Green until you receive a negative on-campus COVID test result. You MUST continue to use the symptom tracker daily and scan into classrooms.
To obtain your on campus test, please download the NAVICA app. This will let you view your COVID-19 results electronically. When creating the account, please use your University email account. You can download the NAVICA app from the App Store or Google Play.
See you soon. Please stay safe!
Scott Allen, Senior Vice President
Erica Peryga, Dean of Students
Please note: Given the unpredictability of the variants, we will continue to consult with and follow the guidance of the CDC, the Connecticut Department of Health and state and local health officials. We will all need to be flexible and understand that as we continue to work in the best interest of the University community, there will likely be changes and updates. We also suggest that all students have plans in place should there be a need to return home for isolation, quarantining, etc.