Military Benefits

At Post University, we are proud to support our military branches through the provision of educational support and opportunities to military personnel and their families since 1976. These benefits extend to active duty, National Guard and veterans, and eligible family members. For us, it’s an honor to recognize the dedication of those who serve our country.

A tuition discount is given per credit hour for both undergraduate and graduate students, and all books, electronic course fees and technology fees are provided at no charge to students. Educational assistance programs are also available through the specific branches of the military to assist with tuition costs.

VA Benefits

Military program students include Active Duty, National Guard, Reserves, Veterans, and Military Dependents. All are encouraged to apply for Title IV Federal Financial Aid by completing the FAFSA, regardless of whether military benefits are being utilized. Military-eligible students should contact their Military Finance Specialist during the enrollment process for detailed information.

To expedite enrollment at Post University as a student-veteran, students may visit the following link to complete the Veterans Online Application for benefits – (VONAPP)

Dependent Children or Spouses of Service Members of veterans who are the beneficiaries of Military GI Bill Benefits may apply to use these benefits by completing VA Form 22-1990e. This form should only be completed and submitted to the Veteran’s Administration by the family member after the Department of Defense has approved the request for the transfer of educational benefits.

A Military-eligible student that has been accepted to the University into a Department of Education approved program will need to supply their Certificate of Eligibility (COE), completed VONAPP, 22-1990 (New Benefits) 22-1995 (Change of benefits), 22-5490 (Dependents, Chapter 35) or 28-1905 (Vocational Rehabilitation) documents to their Military Finance Specialist in order to be certified to the Veterans’ Administration for their first module. Once the student has enrolled in their second module with the University, they must then notify the VA Certifying Official in the Registrar’s Office. All future enrollment changes must be sent to the VA Certifying Official.

A paper version of the VA Form 22-1990e can be obtained from Post University’s Certifying Official located in the Registrar’s Office or via email request. A Veteran is paid benefits for actual credit hours in attendance. The Veteran must report any change of status after registration to the University’s Certifying Official.

Eligibility for VA benefits is on a term-by-term basis. Veteran students who do not make satisfactory academic progress (GPA falls below 2.0) will be informed if they will be placed on probation by the VA. They will be given one term in which to meet satisfactory academic progress standards or Veteran benefits will be terminated.

To learn more about our financial aid for veterans, or if you or a family member qualify for military benefits that could make education more affordable at Post University, request information today.


Are you or your spouse associated with the US military?

By clicking the button above, Post University has your consent to use automated technology to call, leave a voice message, text and email you at the information above, including your wireless number, regarding educational services. It is not a requirement to provide this consent to receive education services.

  • 1 Step 1 of 2
  • 2 Step 2 of 2

Your information is secure.
View our Privacy Policy.