Select Page

Tuition Assistance

Military Tuition Assistance Programs

Post University qualifies for the Military Tuition Assistance program and is listed in the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) Catalog of Nationally & Regionally Accredited Distance Learning Programs. This catalog can be found in each base/installation education office. An Education Services Officer (ESO) should be able to advise you on program eligibility.

Military Tuition Assistance is a benefit paid to eligible active duty members of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, and National Guard/Reserve. Military Tuition Assistance will cover up to 100% of tuition costs for all courses offered by nationally or regionally accredited institutions in accordance with DoD guidelines.

Active Duty personnel in the Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, or Navy may be eligible for Tuition Assistance (TA).

The Tuition Assistance Program will fund up to 100 percent of your college tuition and certain fees with the following limits:

  • Not to exceed $250 per semester credit hour or $166 per quarter credit hour
  • Not to exceed $4,500 per fiscal year, October 1 through September 30

Each military branch has its own TA application form and procedures. To find out how to get started, visit your local installation education center, go online to a virtual education center or click on the following links for each service branch:

Below are links to the various branches of Armed Forces websites:

* Prior to your course enrollment, you may be required to develop an education plan or complete TA orientation.

Active duty members may elect to use the Top-Up Benefit in addition to their service provided tuition assistance (TA) to cover high-cost courses. The Top-up program allows funds from the Montgomery GI Bill® – Active Duty or the Post-9/11 GI Bill to be used for tuition and fees for high-cost courses that are not fully covered by TA funds. You need to consider carefully your own situations and contact your School Certifying Official (SCO) to discuss applying for Top-up.

Eligibility. To use Top-up, your service branch must approve you for TA. You also must be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill® or the Montgomery GI Bill® – Active Duty.

Application. First apply for TA in accordance with procedures of your service branch. After you have applied for TA, you will need to complete VA Form 22-1990 to apply for Department of Veterans Affairs education benefits.

The form is available online from the VA. Make sure you specify “Top-up” on the application and mail it one of the education processing offices listed on the form.

GI Bill is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

For benefits that apply to veterans and eligible family members, go to the Military Benefits page.

Military Service members and their families are directed to speak with their assigned Education Services Officer (ESO) or counselor prior to enrolling. Please visit the Education Office on your assigned military installation for your respective branch. For students who do not have an ESO on their installation, they can contact their regional office for support.

All schools that qualify the Tuition Assistance Program are required to have a Tuition Assistance Refund Policy. Please read the Post University Tuition Assistance Refund Policy (pdf).