Detection Overview: The user connects the Wii to the network and receives an IP address. Safe•Connect detects the device on the network and blocks it as an unknown detection client. The User then launches the Internet Channel and attempts to access and external resource which provides Safe•Connect with sufficient traffic to properly classify the device as a Nintendo Gaming Console.
Internet Channel installed:
1. Connect the Wii to the network.
2. Open the Internet Channel from the home screen and click “start”.
3. Attempt to search/access and external web resource.
4. The Safe•Connect dashboard should now show the device as a “Wii Gaming Console”
Internet Channel not installed:
1. Grant the End User a 1-time Open Access window to acquire it for free from the Wii shopping channel.
Open the Internet Channel from the home screen and click “start”.