Writing isn’t just a specialized skill. It’s a competitive necessity.
In today’s competitive job market, it’s not enough to be an expert in your field. You must also be able to communicate what you know clearly and effectively. According to a 2006 student survey by The Conference Board, too many students don’t have the writing skills they need to compete. A few statistics to consider:
- 81% percent of survey participants say their high school graduate hires have deficient written communication skills
- Nearly half of all survey participants (47%) report that two-year college graduate hires have deficient writing skills.
- 28% report that four-year college graduate hires have deficient writing skills.
The Writing Center can help.
Post University is dedicated to developing and improving the written communication skills of all our students. The Learning Center works with students across all disciplines to advise and tutor them on professional and academic writing standards. The Learning Center’s goal is to provide students with the necessary writing skills to become strong, academically successful, independent writers.
Students may seek the ULC’s Writing Services for many reasons:
- To brainstorm and generate ideas
- To understand differences in tone and style in differing disciplines
- To develop individualized writing strategies that work
- To seek strategies and methods for revising and proofreading written work
- To understand and use grammar correctly
- For help with a research paper for proper APA citation information
- For tips to avoid plagiarism
Students may schedule an appointment for an individualized meeting to review an assignment by calling or stopping by the University Learning Center. Alternatively, students can submit an assignment for review via the form to the right.
After submitting an assignment through this form, a student will receive feedback on his or her document, which will be returned via email.
Contact Information University Learning Center
North Hall Room 116
Hours are posted on facebook.com/ulc
Email: email@example.com (Tutoring Requests) / Writing@Post.edu (Writing Questions and Tutoring Requests)