Master of Business Administration (MBA)
A Post University MBA Moves You Ahead of the Competition
*This program is also offered on our Waterbury, Connecticut campus.
You’ve already accomplished a great deal in your career. You work hard and now you’re ready to lead. Earning your online MBA degree from Post University can open doors to multiple career opportunities in a variety of organizations, ranging from healthcare to technology and finance to marketing.
As a graduate student of our MBA programs, you’ll begin by taking foundation courses in accounting, finance and marketing; and you’ll learn how to effectively solve business problems through innovation and creativity and hone your skills in areas like:
- Financial modeling
- Project management
- Competitive intelligence
- Business strategy and planning
- Organization dynamics
At Post University, our faculty and staff are committed to providing each student with a personal approach to their education. Whether you’re looking for an online MBA or prefer to earn your degree on campus, we’ll help you tailor your degree to best suit your lifestyle and your needs.
|68||MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION TOTAL CREDITS||36 crs||h|
|69||CORE CORES||24 crs||s|
|70||BUS505 Organizational Creativity, Discovery, and Innovation||3 crs|
|71||BUS506 Strategic Integrated Marketing Communications||3 crs|
|72||BUS515 Organizational Dynamics and Effectiveness||3 crs|
|73||BUS521 Business Analytics for Managers||3 crs|
|74||BUS522 Financial Tools for Managers||3 crs|
|75||BUS523 Quantitative Analysis for Decision Makers||3 crs|
|76||BUS525 Business Strategy and Planning||3 crs|
|77||BUS530 Project Management||3 crs|
The university reserves the right to change or update the curriculum at any time. The university will notify students of any changes officially through the university website.
For full course descriptions please refer to the University Catalog for the current Academic Year.
- Students who attain a Master of Business Administration degree from Post University can expect to have achieved the outcomes listed below.
- Creativity and Innovation: Students will apply principles of creativity and innovation to for-profit and/or not-forprofit organizations
- Communication: Students will communicate professionally, using graduate-level written and oral skills essential to success in the business environment
- Leadership: Students will develop and cultivate their own vision and leadership approach, as it relates to the rapidly evolving globalization of business practices, based on both proven and innovative business approaches that address predictable and unique organizational challenges.
- Transformation of Organizations: Students will use innovative strategies and change management principles to lead the transformation of new ventures, organizations and global environments.
- Strategic Business Planning: Students will demonstrate the ability to conduct strategic business planning supported by market analyses evaluated to meet existing and evolving global market analytical needs.
- Creation of New Ventures, Products and Services: Students will apply innovative tools to evaluate organizational needs for developing and implementing new ventures, products and services
- Quantitative Reasoning: Students will identify, analyze, evaluate and apply financial models, analytical decision tools and planning models to solve complex organizational problems
- Ethics: Students will examine and apply ethical and professional behaviors to business situations
- Future thinking: Students will be challenged to critically analyze and develop new philosophies (values, beliefs and viewpoints) that drive change, transform thinking, and advance the field of study
- Concentration-specific: Students will identify, analyze, evaluate and implement research-based business practices applicable to their area of concentration
Online MBA Concentrations
As you progress in the program, course curriculum will be tailored to the concentration you choose and the career outcome you’re looking for.
You’ll learn strategies to help your organization break ground—whether it’s a new market, a new product, or a new organizational structure—without interrupting your career path. Career outcomes vary but include managers, directors, and executives responsible for strategy, change, and innovation.
Build on the core and foundation to provide specialized knowledge and applied skills in management of financial institutions, analysis of financial statements, creation and management of financial portfolios and a working knowledge of the impact of public policy to application of financial principles. Career outcomes include but are not limited to financial analyst, banker, controller, money manager, investment analyst, underwriter, financial manager, and finance executive.
Whether you own a business and want to add value to your enterprise, or if you’re an aspiring entrepreneur who wants to lead innovation and tap into new market opportunities, we will give you the tools to see your ideas through from concept to completion. Outcomes include career entry or advancement in small and large business environments including owner, partner, manager or executive.
Healthcare Systems Leadership
Apply your skills in areas specific to a rapidly evolving healthcare world, allowing you to gain an understanding of the inter-relatedness of clinical, technological and financial components of the business of healthcare. Graduates can pursue a career in a growing and evolving healthcare field.
Leadership – Available On Campus and Online
Our program focuses on the leadership aspects in all areas of business functionality, from day-to-day interactions with employees and teams to big-picture planning. You’ll learn to evaluate your leadership skills objectively and discuss new methods for a variety of situations, including regaining public trust, leading innovative organizations, and deal with ever increasing complexities and change. Job titles vary but may include unit leaders, supervisors, managers, directors and executives responsible for leadership and change.
Develop skills in writing integrated communication and marketing plans, explore new strategies for targeting consumers based on buying motivations, discover how to use marketing research, technology, and analytics to quantify marketing results, and gain insight into managing brand initiatives. Graduates often pursue careers as marketing analysts, sales supervisors or managers, business development managers, product researchers, product developers, marketing strategists, directors or executives.
This is a tailored program that builds on a course from all other concentrations that are based on specific career goals. Career opportunities are based on targeted opportunities, based on approved degree plan.
You’ll gain detailed process and procedural knowledge of the profession, as well as different types of project-based tools and applications of theory. And in our practice-based program, you’ll gain experience in the classroom that you can apply to your current position the next day. Career outcomes include leading project teams, defining and managing project risk, assessing financial resource needs and impacts and managing project finance.
Learn more about Post University’s distinctive online MBA programs and on-campus MBA programs in Connecticut and fill out the form to contact us today. Let your employer know you’re ready to work hard and take your career to the next level.
Find Your Program
Are You Ready for Graduate School?
Take this quick assessment and find out if you have what it takes to go to the next level.