Select Page

Military Admissions

Different Types of Military Students

​Admissions Steps

New Military Students

For new students, Post University will be with you every step of the way as you prepare for classes, here are some of the steps you can expect:

  1. Connect with your supporting Education Office/ESO/ESS
  2. Connect with Military Admissions Counselor (AC)
  3. Complete Professional College Advisory Session (PCAS)
  4. Fill Out Application
  5. Create a Degree Plan
  6. Send in Documents (Eligibility Documents and Proof of Graduation (POG), if applicable)*
  7. Secure Your Military Educational Funding**
  8. Register for Courses
  9. Complete Orientation
  10. Begin Classes!

*This includes Dependents, Spouses and Veterans who no longer have a JST or ERB

**Student secures desired type(s) of funding with Admissions Counselor/ Military Financial Aid Advisor/Military Benefit Specialist – Steps may vary based on type of funding and branch

Readmit Students

For students who have not taken a class with Post University in the last year but have previously completed at least one class at Post, it’s easy to get back on track:

  1. Connect with Military Admissions Counselor (AC)
  2. Complete a New Application
  3. Update Degree Plan
  4. Register for Courses
  5. Begin Classes!


Admissions Requirements

Post University works hard to keep the application process as easy as possible for both undergraduate and graduate degree programs. Get to know everything we have to offer and discover what works best for you:

General Admissions Requirements
Post Eagle (Military) Program Additional Admissions Requirements

Post University military benefits extend to active, reservists, and veterans of the Army, Army National Guard, Army Reserves, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marines, and Navy and their eligible family members as well as civilian employees of the Department of Defense. Online and on campus requirements are as follows:

  • Active duty service members must provide a Joint Service Transcript (JST), Community College of the Air Force (CCAF), active duty orders, or a current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES).
  • Honorably discharged veterans must provide DD214 including honorable discharge or a general discharge under honorable conditions. Students providing Certificate of Eligibility (COE) can use this in lieu of a DD214.
  • Eligible dependents of active and honorably discharged services members 24 years of age and under who are not married or have children must provide qualifying service members JST, CCAF, active duty orders, LES or DD214 and a copy of their birth certificate to prove relationship.
  • Eligible Spouses of active and honorably discharged service members who are currently married must provide qualifying service members JST, CCAF, active duty orders, LES or DD214 and marriage certificate.
  • Department of Defense civilians must provide employment verification or a current paystub.
Main Campus Undergraduate Admissions Requirements

Applicants seeking to apply for admissions to a Main Campus undergraduate program must provide a completed admissions application and proof of high school graduation or equivalent.  An admissions interview is strongly recommended.

The following are examples of proof of high school graduation or equivalent:

  • *An official high school transcript (mandatory for merit scholarship consideration).
  • A copy of Graduate Equivalency Diploma (GED), including scores, or certificate issued by the State.
  • A copy of service members’ DD214 or Enlisted Records Brief (ERB), indicating graduation from high school or equivalent.
  • A copy of service members’ Joint Services Transcript (JST), for applicants not applying for federal Title IV aid. Service members applying for federal Title IV aid must provide applicable proof of high school graduation, listed within these requirements.
  • An official home school transcript.
  • An official associate degree

One of the following forms of documentation will also be accepted as proof of high school graduation or equivalent:

  • Official documentation of successful completion of at least 60 semester or trimester credit hours or 72 quarter credit hours that does not result in an associate degree but is acceptable toward a bachelor’s degree at any institution.
  • Official documentation of enrollment in a bachelor’s degree program in which at least 60 semester or trimester hours or 72 quarter credit hours have been successfully completed, including credits transferred into the bachelor’s degree program.

An applicant whose transcript shows less than a 2.00 cumulative grade point average must submit a personal statement to be reviewed by the Provost. High school seniors in courses still in progress must provide current transcripts of work through the date of application. *Under certain circumstances an unofficial transcript or alternative documentation may be accepted if approved by the Registrar and/or the Chief Regulatory Officer. Other forms of acceptable documentation include but are not limited to an unofficial high school transcript or an unofficial associate degree transcript.

Admissions Interview
It is recommended that applicants visit the campus and meet with an Admissions Counselor in person. If a visit cannot be arranged, the Admissions Counselor will schedule a telephone interview with the applicant.

Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Testing (ACT) Submission
Post University recommends, but does not require, that freshman applicants submit the results of an official SAT or ACT test. However, athletes planning to participate in a NCAA Division I or II athletic program are required to submit SAT or ACT test scores.

English and Math Course Placement: Main Campus Students
Post University recommends that all incoming, first-year Main Campus students complete math and English placement exams prior to registering for classes. Their achievement on the placement exams helps to identify the appropriate level course into which students need to be placed. If a student has transferable credits that will take the place of their introductory math and/or English classes, they do not have to take a placement test.

Main Campus Honors Program Admissions Requirement
Admission to the Honors Program is highly selective. To be considered for the Honors Program, applicants must have a high school or college GPA of at least 3.25. In addition, applicants must complete the Honors Program Application (i.e., submit a short writing sample and provide two written recommendations from teachers, counselors, coaches, and/or employers, etc).


Main Campus Graduate Admissions Requirements

Applicants seeking to apply for admissions to a Main Campus graduate program must participate in an admissions interview and provide the following:

  • A completed admissions application.
  • A transcript from all schools attended for undergraduate degree.
  • A letter of recommendation from faculty or university official. Applicants entering with less than a 3.0 must provide the following which will be reviewed by the Dean to determine admission:
  • An additional letter of recommendation.
  • A personal statement.
  • Interview with the Dean.
Readmissions Policy
Former Post University students who have been absent for six or more Terms and who now wish to continue their studies must apply for readmission by filing an Application for Admission with the Admissions Office. Former Post University students who have been away from the University for more than two years will also be required to fulfill the degree requirements of their selected major as stated in the current college catalog. If, for any reason, the University dismissed a student, the Admissions Committee will review the application for readmission, and the applicant may be required to submit an appeal form and documentation.
Military Transcripts /Transfer Credits

Post University evaluates all military transcripts for military experience and can award credit based on military career experience and rank of the service member. We follow the recommendations of the American Council on Education (ACE) in the transfer of credit for military training and experience. Military transcripts include the following:

  • Joint Service Transcript (JST)
  • Community College of The Air Force (CCAF)
  • American Council of Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS)

Additionally, Post University will review Personal Training Records for military credit, examples include:

  • Enlisted Record Brief (ERB)
  • Officer Record Brief (ORB)
  • DA 1059 forms

For civilian colleges, we follow Post’s general transfer credit policy and Prior Learning Assessment:

For our military students, a maximum of 90 transfer credits for a baccalaureate degree, 45 transfer credits for an associate degree, or 9 transfer credits for a graduate degree, may be applied based on a review of a military student’s Joint Service Transcript (JST).


Download your Military Service Member’s Guide to learn everything you need to
know about earning a college degree online.

Find Your Program

Step 1 of 2

Are you, your spouse or parent (if you are 24 or younger) associated with the U.S. Military?



Did you speak with a Post Representative on a Military Installation?



« Go Back
By clicking the button above, Post University has your consent to use automated technology to call, text and email you at the information above, including your wireless number, regarding educational services. It is not a requirement to provide this consent to receive education services.Standard text message & data rates may apply. Message frequency may vary. Please reply to the initial welcome text message HELP for help. Reply STOP to cancel.  Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions

Get an early estimate on your total annual cost of attending Post

Use our Net Price Calculator


Military Programs
Post University, P.O. Box 2540. 800 Country Club Road, Waterbury, CT 06723-2540
[email protected]
Phone: 800.345.2562
Fax: 203.841.1164