The Academic Affairs Office works with faculty, staff, and students to maintain and enhance the quality of students’ educational experiences and academic support services. The office also serves as the focal point for dialogue in the formulation and maintenance of policies, procedures, and guidelines for all academic affairs of Post University. The goals of Academic Affairs include the following:
- Providing leadership in creating a dynamic learning environment committed to a remarkable student experience that successfully prepares graduates to meet their academic and career goals.
- Developing a culture of learning excellence and professionalism that attracts and retains students, faculty, and staff.
- Assessing student learning outcomes in an effort to continually improve the student learning experience and promote accountability across the Post University.
- Fostering student achievement and development by committing to individualized advising, career and learning support services, curricular enrichment, and international experiences.
- Promoting the advancement of faculty by providing professional development opportunities and supporting scholarly contribution and intellectual engagement.
The graduate and undergraduate curricula are designed to prepare students for a successful career. Post University is organized into two major divisions – the Main Campus and Accelerated Degree Programs. The programs within American Sentinel College of Nursing & Health Science represent a subcategory of Accelerated Degree Programs within Post University. At the Main Campus, students attend classes as full-time students in two 16-week semesters (undergraduate) or six, 8-week terms (graduate). Students may live on campus or commute to campus for their classes.
Students in the Accelerated Degree Program take accelerated online courses scheduled in six, 8-week terms each year. Depending on the degree program they are pursuing, Accelerated Degree Program students have the option of fulfilling their course classes completely online or during evening and weekends at Post University’s regional site. Degrees cannot be completed at the regional site.
Students in the programs at American Sentinel School of Nursing and Health Science must complete their courses completely online and do not have the option of completing courses at the regional site. Students within nursing programs may be subject to specific policies and requirements outside the requirement of Accelerated Degree Programs.
Find Your Program