Bachelor of Science in Equine Studies
Saddle Up for an Equestrian Career
This program is offered on Campus and Online.
Whether your love of horses stemmed from when you were young, or you have developed an affinity for these magnificent animals, you can turn that passion into a career. As a student in Post University’s equine studies program, you can nurture this passion and train for a rewarding career as a veterinary assistant/technician, horse trainer, barn manager, riding instructor or business owner.
With Post University’s B.S. in Equine Studies online degree program, you can earn the degree and gain the skills you need for long-term career growth and maintain your current responsibilities at home and at work.
Our equine program will help you explore every aspect of the industry. From a close inspection of horse anatomy, physiology and nutrition to the ins and outs of safe barn practices and management techniques, you’ll be well prepared to step into a leadership role in any equestrian setting. Upon graduation, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Problem-solving in equine care and stable management
- Understanding of modern business management tools and the diverse information, theories and practices in the equine industry
- Awareness of historical and current issues in the equine industry
- Clear and effective written and oral communication
- Ethical and professionally responsible thinking
In addition to the core curriculum, we offer many elective options and concentrations, all of which can help you build a strong academic foundation and practical experience in the field.
Our Equine Program Director will work with you one-on-one to help you determine the right path, based on your personal interests and professional ambitions. At Post University, our goal is to equip you with the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful in equestrian careers throughout Connecticut and the U.S., and we are committed to being with you every step of the way during your educational journey.
Bachelor of Science in Equine Studies
Normal Time to Completion: 48 Months
This program is offered on Main Campus and online.
Concentrations in Equestrian Coaching and Equine Wellness offered on Main Campus only. Students in the Bachelor of Science in Equine Studies degree program benefit from deep study of equine science and industry, combined with personalized instruction in safe barn practices, horse management, and facility operation in a range of settings. The study of ethical thought and action is applied directly to the concerns of the equine industry. Available elective options permit students to focus on specific aspects of equine study, according to their personal interests or professional goals. A program-wide emphasis on interpersonal communication ensures that graduates are comfortable collaborating and communicating with established professionals in the equine industry.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to apply the essential principles and practices of equine care to solving real-world problems.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to apply the essential principles and practices of stable management to solving real-world problems.
- Students will apply a basic understanding of the modern business management tools of marketing, management, accounting, and law appropriately toward industry-specific practice.
- Students will formulate solutions to complex problems within an area of concentration.
- Students will demonstrate a broad understanding of the diverse information, theories, and practices in the equine industry outside the concentration area.
- Students will assess and use contemporary information and technology to innovate in the service of better practice in the field.
- Students will function collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams whether in a leadership or supporting role.
- Students will apply an awareness of historical and current issues in the industry toward effective practice, including cultural and public policy concerns.
- Students will demonstrate skill at tailoring clear and effective written and oral communication as appropriate to a variety of
- Students will demonstrate ethical and professionally responsible thinking, weighing practical, legal, fiscal, and humane concerns with a clear set of personal values.
|159||B.S. IN EQUINE STUDIES TOTAL CREDITS||120 crs||h|
|161||GENERAL EDUCATION||60 crs||h|
|162||COMMON CORE||12 crs||s|
|163||ENG110 College Writing||3 crs|
|164||ENG130 Literature and Composition||3 crs|
|165||COM107 Introduction to Communication||3 crs|
|166||CIS112 Introduction to Computing||3 crs|
|167||LIBERAL ARTS||24 crs||s|
|168||History Elective||3 crs|
The University reserves the right to change or update the curriculum at any time. The University will notify students of any changes officially through the university website.
For full course descriptions please refer to the University Catalog for the current Academic Year.
Equine Studies Concentrations
Equine Business Management – Campus and Online
Equestrian Coaching – Campus
Equine Wellness – Campus
Interdisciplinary - Campus and Online
Your search for equestrian schools in Connecticut or Online is over, but your future is just beginning. Contact Post University today for more information about our equine studies program.
Find Your Program
Get College Credits for Work and Life Experiences
Find out more about Post's Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) Program.