Health Insurance Fees
STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE COVERAGE
SPRING SEMESTER 2021
IF YOU ARE A FULL-TIME MAIN CAMPUS UNDERGRADUATE OR GRADUATE STUDENT, PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION
PLEASE NOTE: Students continue to attend classes remotely during the Spring Semester, as they did in the Fall, due to the Pandemic Covid-19 concerns. Therefore, please note that the Insurance Requirements have temporarily changed. Main Campus Full Time International Students are exempt from the Insurance Requirement for the Spring Semester 2021. International students attending classes remotely from their home countries will not be required to obtain a U.S. insurance plan. All other Full Time Main Campus Students must have a fully Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)* compliant health insurance plan.
REQUIREMENTS AND PRICING INFORMATION
- Requirements: All full-time main campus undergraduate and graduate students, with the exception of International Students attending classes abroad, must be covered under a U.S. health insurance plan.
- Students who do not have a health insurance plan will need to obtain a plan or enroll in and be billed for the Student Health Insurance Plan through the University.
- Students who have a compliant ACA plan must complete the waiver process.
- All students need to login to their account and either waive the coverage OR enroll in the plan.
- Pricing and Policy Information about the University’s Student Health Insurance Plan for Spring 2021: The cost for the annual 2021 Student Health Insurance Plan is $560.00. The 2021 plan policy begins January 1, 2021 and ends August 13, 2021. The Student Health Insurance Plan is administered by Wellfleet, underwritten by Wellfleet Insurance Company, and managed by Gallagher Student Health and Special Risk. The plan protects a student at school, at home, and while traveling or studying abroad. Plan benefit information, including co-payments, deductible amounts, and additional information are available at the Gallagher Student Health website, gallagherstudent.com/Post. At this link, you can also review standard questions under the FAQ to ensure your current policy meets the same PPACA* guidelines.
- Why and How to Complete a Waiver or Enroll in the Plan: You will be able to waive coverage OR enroll in the plan beginning December 1, 2020. The waiver/enrollment portal will close on February 17, 2021. If you already have insurance that meets the basic standards as outlined at the gallagherstudent.com/Post, then you must complete a waiver.
This will tell the insurance company that you have insurance and do not wish to be billed by Post University. Otherwise, if you do not have a health insurance plan, you need to obtain coverage OR enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan. Either way, ALL students must sign into their Post University “Student Login” found at the www.post.edu website. At that point, you will see the link to “Waive/Enroll Insurance”. This link will bring you directly to the Gallagher site to initiate the waiver process OR enroll in the plan.
IMPORTANT: You must have your University Student ID number to waive the coverage or enroll in the plan at the Waive/Enroll Insurance link.
Your Student ID will be provided to you when you register for Spring semester classes. If you need to obtain your Student ID number, please contact your student advisor, or Office of Student Finance at (203) 596-4527. Gallagher Student Health is available for questions on the insurance plan at (888) 538-0398. Customer service agents are available to assist you Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (EST).
ONLINE WAIVER PROCESS
The deadline date to WAIVE your enrollment for the Spring Semester 2021 University insurance program is Wednesday, February 17, 2021. After you complete your waiver information and submit the coverage information at the Post University Student Account, your waiver will be automatically approved this semester (as students are attending classes remotely), and you will not be billed for the cost of the insurance.
ONLINE ENROLLMENT PROCESS
The deadline date to ENROLL in the Student Health Insurance Plan for the Spring Semester 2021 is Wednesday, February 17, 2021. Once enrolled, you will be billed $560 for the cost of the insurance.