Health Insurance Fees
STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE COVERAGE 2021-22
REQUIREMENTS AND PRICING INFORMATION
ARE YOU A FULL-TIME MAIN CAMPUS UNDERGRADUATE OR GRADUATE STUDENT?
IF SO, PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION!
SPRING SEMESTER 2022
- Requirements: All full-time main campus undergraduate and graduate students must be covered under a U.S. based health insurance plan that is fully compliant with the Patient Protection Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
- Students who do not have a health insurance plan will need to obtain a plan or enroll in and be billed for the Spring Semester Student Health Insurance Plan through the University.
- Students who have a compliant PPACA (Patient Protection Affordable Care Act) plan must complete the waiver process.
- All students must login to their account and either WAIVE the coverage OR ENROLL in the plan.
- Pricing and Policy Information about the University’s Student Health Insurance Plan for Spring 2022: The cost for the Spring 2022 Student Health Insurance Plan is $589.00. The 2022 plan policy begins January 1, 2022 and ends August 13, 2022. The Student Health Insurance Plan is administered by Wellfleet, underwritten by Wellfleet Insurance Company, and managed by Gallagher Student Health and Special Risk. The plan protects a student at school, at home, and while traveling or studying abroad. Plan benefit information, including co-payments, deductible amounts, and additional information are available at the Gallagher Student Health website, www.gallagherstudent.com/Post. At this link, you can also review standard questions under the FAQ to ensure your current policy meets the same PPACA (Patient Protection Affordable Care Act) guidelines. Gallagher Student Health is available for questions about the insurance plan at 888.538.0398. Customer service agents are available to assist you Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (EST).
- Why and How to Complete a Waiver or Enroll in the Plan: You will be able to waive coverage OR enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan beginning December 1, 2021. The waiver/enrollment portal will close on Friday, February 18, 2022. If you already have insurance that meets the basic standards as outlined at www.gallagherstudent.com/Post, then you must complete a waiver. This will tell the insurance company that you have insurance and do not wish to be billed by Post University. Otherwise, full time main campus students who do not have a health insurance plan will need to obtain coverage OR enroll in and be billed for the Spring 2022 Student Health Insurance Plan. Either way, ALL full-time main campus students must sign into their Post University “Student Login” found at the www.post.edu website. You will see the link to “Waive/Enroll Insurance”. This link will bring you directly to the Gallagher site to initiate the waiver process OR enroll in the plan.
IMPORTANT: You must have your University Student ID number to waive the coverage or enroll in the plan at the Waive/Enroll Insurance link. Your Student ID will be provided to you when you register for Spring semester classes. If you need to obtain your Student ID number, please contact your student advisor, or Office of Student Finance at 203.596.4527.
ONLINE WAIVER/ENROLLMENT PROCESS – OPEN DATE:
The Open Date to WAIVE or ENROLL in the Spring Semester 2022 Student Health Insurance Plan is Wednesday, December 1, 2021.
ONLINE WAIVER/ENROLLMENT PROCESS – DEADLINE DATE:
The Deadline Date to WAIVE or ENROLL in the Spring Semester 2022 Student Health Insurance Plan is Friday, February 18, 2022.
AFTER YOU WAIVE OR ENROLL – WHAT HAPPENS?
After you waive, the system will send you a confirmation number or a request for more information to complete the waiver. After you enroll, you will be billed $589.00 for the cost of the insurance.