Health Insurance Fees
STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE COVERAGE 2020-21 REQUIREMENTS AND PRICING INFORMATION
ARE YOU A FULL-TIME MAIN CAMPUS UNDERGRADUATE OR GRADUATE STUDENT?
IF SO, PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION!
- Requirements: All full-time main campus undergraduate and graduate students must be covered under a health insurance plan and provide the University with evidence of coverage that is fully compliant with the Patient Protection Affordable Care Act (PPACA) through a U.S. based insurance company and claims administrator. Students who do not have a compliant ACA plan, or do not waive the University Student Health Insurance Plan, will be automatically enrolled in and billed for Student Insurance Plan at the University.
- Pricing and Policy Information about the University’s Student Health Insurance Plan: The cost for the annual 2020-21 Student Health Insurance Plan is $925.00. The 2020-21 plan policy begins August 14, 2020,12:01 a.m., and ends August 13, 2021. The Student Health Insurance Plan is administered by Wellfleet, underwritten by Wellfleet Insurance Company, and managed by Gallagher Student Health and Special Risk. The plan protects a student at school, at home, and while traveling or studying abroad. Plan benefit information, including co-payments, deductible amounts, and additional information are available at the Gallagher Student Health website, www.gallagherstudent.com/Post. At this link, you can also review standard questions under the FAQ to ensure your current policy meets the same PPACA guidelines.
- Why and How to Complete a Waiver: You will be able to waive coverage beginning May 1, 2020. If you already have insurance that meets the basic standards as outlined at www.gallagherstudent.com/Post, then you must complete a waiver. This will tell the insurance company that you have insurance and do not wish to be billed by Post University. You need to sign into your Post University “Student Login” found at the www.post.edu website. At that point, you will see the link to “Waive Insurance”. This link will bring you directly to the Gallagher site to initiate the waiver process.
- What Happens if I Do Not Waive the University Coverage Each New Policy Year? Unless you complete a waiver and follow the instructions each year, the cost of this insurance plan will be automatically added to your account bill and Post University will remit the fee to Gallagher Student Health on your behalf. Your insurance may have changed from one year to the next, so you need to waive each academic year.
- What Happens if I Waive and My Waiver is Denied? If after waiving the University’s plan, your waiver is denied, follow further instructions. Thereafter, if the information is not provided or still not approved, you will automatically enroll in the University plan and the cost will be added to your account bill. As noted above, keep in mind that students who already have an insurance plan must waive the University plan at the beginning of each new academic policy year!
ONLINE WAIVER PROCESS
The deadline date to waive your enrollment in this year’s University insurance program is Monday, September 14, 2020. If you do not waive coverage by September 14, 2020, you will remain in, and be billed for, the Post University Student Insurance Plan for the entire policy year. IMPORTANT: After you complete your waiver information at your Post University Student Account, you will receive two emails: The first email will confirm that your information was received; within the next 24-48 hours, you will receive the second email that will advise whether your waiver was approved or denied. If your waiver is denied, the message will clearly state you need to take further action (such as upload information to provide additional proof of current coverage). If you do not resolve any pending issues, you will be enrolled and billed for the University’s coverage.
NOTE: You must have your University Student ID number to waive coverage at the Waive Insurance link. Your Student ID will be provided to you when you register for Fall semester classes. If you need to obtain your Student ID number, please contact your student advisor, or Office of Student Finance at (203) 596-4527. Gallagher Student Health is available for questions on the insurance plan at (888) 538-0398. Customer service agents are available to assist you Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (EST).