Writing isn’t just a specialized skill. It’s a competitive necessity.
In today’s competitive job market, it’s not enough to be an expert in your field. You must also be able to communicate what you know clearly and effectively.
The Writing Center can help.
Post University is dedicated to developing and improving the written communication skills of all our students. The Center for Academic Success works with students across all disciplines to advise and tutor them on professional and academic writing standards. The goal of the CAS is to provide students with the necessary writing skills to become strong, academically successful, independent writers.
Students may seek the Center for Academic Success’s writing services for the following reasons.
1. To brainstorm and generate ideas.
2. To understand differences in tone and style in differing disciplines.
3. To develop individualized writing strategies that work.
4. To seek strategies and methods for revising and proofreading written work.
5. To understand and use grammar correctly.
6. For help with a research paper for proper APA citation information.
7. For tips to avoid plagiarism.
Students may schedule an appointment for an individualized meeting to review an assignment by calling or stopping by the CAS. Appointments can be made at www.postcas.acuityscheduling.com. Alternatively, students may submit a completed draft of a paper for review via the TutorMe service. Click on the TutorMe link in the student services tab of Blackboard and select “connect with a tutor.” Then select “submit a paper” and follow the directions to submit. The review process may take up to 12 hours.
Center for Academic Success
North Hall Room 116
Fall and Spring hours: Mon-Thurs 8am-8pm; Fri 8am-5pm; Sat 9am-1pm; Sun 4pm-8pm. Summer (May-August): Mon-Fri 8am-4pm.
Email: CAS@Post.edu (Tutoring Requests) / Writing@Post.edu (Writing Questions)