Benefits of the Honors Program
Membership in the Post University Honors Program has many benefits:
- Small Classes:Students work closely with distinguished faculty and other academically accomplished students in rewarding academic offerings as they explore and satisfy their intellectual curiosity through interaction, discussion, and individualized study.
- Priority Course Registration: Honors Program students receive priority registration, ensuring first choice in their selection of courses and instructors. Priority registration also allows Honors students to develop individualized academic program plans that support their personal and career goals.
- Conferences: Honors Program students may attend and present at conferences to build their résumés.
- Enrichment: Honors Program students participate in a variety of special professional development and social events including cultural events at theaters and museums, business dinners, field trips, specialized internships, recognition banquets, and more.
- Support Services: Personalized academic Honors advising, career coaching, mentoring from distinguished faculty for research and projects, and ongoing support from the Honors Program Director and Assistant Director, are all integral components of the Honors Program.
- Community: During their freshman year, resident Honors Program students may live in Honors housing, designed to support the academic interests and goals of the Honors Program.Students also have the option of living in Honors housing beyond their freshman year.
- Graduate School Preparation: Although Post University is career-driven, Honors courses use a graduate school format, emphasizing the skills and abilities necessary for successful advanced study for those students who choose to continue their education after graduation.