Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Boldly Pursue a New Business Career or Promotion
This program is offered on Campus and Online.
You strive for excellence in everything you do, and you’re not afraid to step outside of the box to find new solutions to complex challenges. The business world needs more natural-born leaders like you, with a strong educational background from Post University. Our Bachelor of Science in Business Administration graduates are prepared to pursue a variety of business administration jobs in corporate settings, retail, and consumer products businesses, or manufacturing firms.
As a student in our business administration degree program, you will gain knowledge in the basic business disciplines of accounting, economics, management, finance, marketing and business law and develop essential communication skills. Through career-focused coursework, you will examine:
- Business policies and practices
- Business analytics, problem-solving and decision making
- Teamwork in business
- Global business perspectives
- Business Ethics
The curriculum of The Malcolm Baldrige School of Business is based on the same unwavering commitment to business excellence, ethics, and continuous improvement as its namesake, the renowned businessman and former U.S. Secretary of Commerce. His legacy of innovation, creativity, excellence and quality are embodied by our experienced faculty and embraced by organizations around the world.
Your study will culminate in a capstone, where you will apply the skills you’ve learned. Many of our students have also completed internships at large multinational corporations, local banks and financial institutions, and nonprofits.
At Post University, you have options for your education, and we’re committed to being here, at every stage, to guide you to the best track for your career goals. Whether you attend classes at our Connecticut campus or online, you can expect personal attention and support to help you succeed at Post University and beyond.
|185||B.S. IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION TOTAL CREDITS||120 crs||h|
|187||GENERAL EDUCATION||60 crs||h|
|188||COMMON CORE||12 crs||s|
|189||ENG110 College Writing||3 crs|
|190||ENG130 Literature and Composition||3 crs|
|191||COM107 Introduction to Communication||3 crs|
|192||CIS112 Introduction to Computing||3 crs|
|193||LIBERAL ARTS||21 crs||s|
|194||History Elective||3 crs|
The University reserves the right to change or update the curriculum at any time. The University will notify students of any changes officially through the university website.
For full course descriptions please refer to the University Catalog for the current Academic Year.
- Business Policy and Practice – Students will demonstrate a sound theoretical foundation in the practices and methods of business in the current competitive environment.
- Business Analytics and Problem Solving – Students will possess a variety of qualitative and quantitative analytical skills appropriate to problem solving in practical business situations.
- Teamwork in Business – Students will possess the interpersonal and teamwork skills necessary to succeed in modern business environments.
- Business Decision Making – Students will have practiced and demonstrated an understanding of the concepts and methods of business decision making, particularly under conditions of uncertainty.
- Global Business Perspectives – Students will develop a global perspective as it relates to the function of business in an increasingly multicultural and multinational business environment.
- Business Ethics – Students will examine and apply ethical and professional behaviors to contemporary business situations
- Communication – Students will communicate professionally using written and/or oral skills essential to success in the business environment.
- Fundamental Business Concepts – Students will demonstrate the ability to apply the fundamental concepts of Management, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, and Economics in a business environment.
Business Administration Concentrations
General Business Administration
This concentration allows you to further expand your business knowledge with relevant upper-level electives.
Gain valuable financial planning skills applicable to any business setting. In this concentration, you will learn the foundational concepts and principles of accounting, as well as the basic framework for recording and reporting transactions.
Through a wide range of business analytic coursework, you’ll gain the technical skills and conceptual understanding you need to work in an increasingly data-driven business environment. You’ll cover topics ranging from data collection and analysis techniques to decision modeling.
Computer Information Systems
Learn to maintain and secure businesses’ networks and software. Coursework gives equal focus to technology, computer science and business, and how they integrate with each other.
This concentration provides an introduction to the basic business skills needed to start up, establish and successfully grow new entrepreneurial ventures.
This concentration helps students prepare for success in the world of finance – from financial services and analyst positions to careers in insurance and banking. Coursework is specifically designed to prepare students to sit for and take Series 6 and Series 7 FINRA exams.
International Business Administration
This concentration allows you to further expand your international business knowledge with relevant upper-level electives.
Great managers are needed in every organization. In this concentration, you will study modern management theories, practices and techniques and learn how to apply them in business settings.
This concentration provides you with an introduction to the foundational concepts and principles of marketing. You will gain a basic understanding of real-world applications of general marketing, selling skills and retail merchandising/management
From schedules to finances and even the ability to effectively work with different personalities on a daily basis, project management requires multiple skillsets that ensure any project, regardless of size, is executed efficiently. This concentration helps you identify the tools needed for various projects and how to implement them.
Turn your passion for sport into a career. In this concentration, you will build a foundational knowledge of sports management and marketing and choose from electives in athletic administration, events and facility management, and more.
Don’t put your future on hold for another day. Contact us to enroll in our on-campus or online business degree program now.
This degree program is programmatically accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Get College Credits for Work and Life Experiences
Find out more about Post's Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) Program.