Graduate Certificate in Infection Prevention and Control
Pursue New Healthcare Career Options with an Infection Control Certificate
This certificate program is offered Online.
Give your nursing or healthcare career a boost with a certificate that will amplify and hone your skills in one of the most critical medical issues our lifetimes: infection control. Complete the Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) certificate program at American Sentinel College of Nursing & Health Sciences at Post University.
This certificate will enhance your medical career by giving you the tools you need to help prevent, manage, and control outbreaks and the spread of infectious diseases in health settings. Plus, coursework for the infection control certificate is designed to help qualifying students to sit for the Certification in Infection Control (CIC®) initial certification exam.
The Certificate in Infection Control prepares students for the Certification in Infection Control (CIC) credential examination. Post University does not guarantee certification. Professional credentials include requirements outside of education, which may include exams, background checks, work experience, and more. It is ultimately the responsibility of individual students to be in charge of their own certification process and to make sure that all requirements are met in obtaining certification. Post University does not speak on behalf of any licensing board or body. The Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology issues the CIC. The full requirements for the CIC can be found here: https://www.cbic.org/CBIC/Get-Certified/Get-Started.htm
Infection Prevention and Control Certificate at a Glance:
- 5 courses, 15 credit hours, 100% online coursework
- Options for 16-week self-paced instruction (powered by the SIMPath® format) or 8-week traditional coursework
- Monthly starts
- Coursework can be applied to relevant MSN programs at Post University
We Prepare Graduates of the Prevention and Control certificate to:
- Apply principles of epidemiology to environmental assessment of risk.
- Develop a comprehensive infection prevention and control program.
- Design a surveillance system.
- Interpret infection control data.
Infection Prevention and Control Certificate Curriculum:
- Identification of the Infectious Disease Process
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Design of a Surveillance System
- Collection and Interpretation of Surveillance Data
Earn Your Infection Prevention and Control Certificate on Your Terms
To provide you with extra flexibility and choice, we have two different tracks to earn your certificate: traditional term-based format with 8-week classes or through a self-paced format (during the 16-week semester) called Powered by SIMPath®. Both options’ coursework is 100% online and offer monthly start dates. Watch our video to learn about the two path options.
Start Your Infection Control Certificate Program Today!
Make the healthcare world a better, healthier place and move your career forward. Contact us to enroll in our online infection control certificate program today.