Academic Specialist (MC) – English/Writing
Post University is seeking an Academic Specialist (Writing/English) to join our growing team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!” and “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
The Academic Specialist is a critical member of Post University’s Center for Academic Success. Our team of Academic Specialists provides one-on-one support to all Post students throughout their academic program. We aim to engage first-year students to make them aware of their support system at the university and build supportive relationships with them that carry through to graduation. Each Academic Specialist monitors potential academic barriers related to their content area and then provides support or resources to help our students overcome these and be successful.
As this is a hybrid position, candidates must be available on our Waterbury campus weekly. Occasional weekend availability may be required for campus events such as Commencement, New Student Weekend, and Orientation.
- Provide live, one-on-one support to students in academic writing and language arts-related content areas; a strong focus will be on foundational courses, including ENG110 and ENG107.
- Continue to support students beyond appointments, guiding them to the resources available at the Center for Academic Success (live tutoring, TutorMe, Writing Lab) and across the university to be successful throughout their program.
- Work with the Assistant Director of the CAS in developing communication and programming geared towards supporting first-year students.
- Collect and report data and metrics analyzing outreach and student success outcomes.
- Create and maintain academic resources to assist Post students toward being successful.
- Other relevant duties are necessary for this position and the betterment of the student experience.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (English, education, communication, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of APA Style.
- Experience teaching and/or tutoring.
- Excellence in customer service skills.
- Possess unquestionable integrity and work ethic.
- Has superior relationship-building skills with students and associates.
- Competent with computer systems and software.
- Able to work independently.
- Possess the flexibility to adapt to a changing and dynamic environment.
- Hold a master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Experience teaching and/or tutoring in an online/hybrid environment.
- Proficient in MS Products, including Microsoft Teams.
- Currently teaching or having taught a Foundational course at Post University.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 133-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
"You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
"The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management