Admissions Advisor ADP – Waterbury, CT
Post University is currently accepting applications for Admissions Advisors (Waterbury, CT) to join our growing team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!” and “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
A Post University Admissions Advisor (in our Accelerated Degree Program) is responsible for new student recruitment regarding admission to the University’s ground and online programs. Candidates should be intrinsically motivated, student-focused, and able to adapt to an ever-changing environment. The individual should also possess excellent phone and time management skills. This position is located in Waterbury, CT.
Post University requires, as a condition of employment, that all new hires and employees have or obtain the Covid-19 vaccination and booster and provide proof of same unless an exemption or deferral is approved.
- Conduct Professional College Advisory Sessions (PCAS) via telephone and occasionally face-to-face with the intent to help prospective students identify their interests and choose a Degree Program that fits each student’s individual personal and career goals.
- Promptly respond to student inquiries regarding Post University and our program offerings.
- Data entry of student enrollment information to ensure full and proper documentation.
- Follow-up with prospective students/applicants and record results in the database to ensure excellent customer service throughout the enrollment process.
- Work collaboratively with the Financial Aid, Office of Student Information, and other departments to assist students with their financing and advising needs.
- Participate in student registration and development activities designed to promote student awareness, retention, and success.
- Work with academic advising and faculty to identify students with academic problems and strive to overcome these issues to promote student success and retention; coordinate discipline issues with student services.
- Meet & ideally exceed established team and individual enrollment goals.
- Participate in weekly team and floor-wide meetings to address best sales practices and strategies.
- Understand all applicable policies, procedures, regulations, and laws regarding higher education enrollment.
- Foster the University culture to Make It Personal by working cross-functionally across the University and enhancing the culture of collaboration and respect among all Faculty, Associates, and Students.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Associate degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience can be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in higher education admissions and/or recruiting experience with a consultative sales approach is desired.
- Prior call center, customer service, and/or sales experience a plus.
- Superior relationship-building skills with the ability to connect with students and colleagues required; must work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a dynamic phone presence, are required.
- Excellent PC skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet applications, and database software are a must.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Must possess the flexibility to adapt to a changing and dynamic environment.
- Must be available to work weekend hours.
Post University requires, as a condition of employment, that all new hires and employees have or obtain the Covid-19 vaccination and booster, and provide proof of same unless an exemption or deferral is approved.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
"You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
"The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management