Post University is seeking Admissions Ambassadors to join our team.
Are you a champion for both student and university success?
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever evolving organization?
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
As the Admissions Ambassador you will be responsible for meeting with prospective students to conduct campus tours and professional college advisory sessions. This person will work with prospective students who have confirmed their interest in attending Post University and coordinate with the Student Services Coordinator as well as the other members of the Student Experience Team to assist prospective students through the admissions process and ensure that every student has an extraordinary and personalized admissions experience. This role requires a demonstrated track record of success in college admissions as well as a high level of organization and attention to detail. Excellent presentation, communication, listening and customer service skills are also required.
- Meet with prospective students and their families, both in person and via phone, in order to conduct professional college advisory sessions.
- Give campus tours.
- Assist the Student Services Coordinator with communicating important information about next steps, acceptance and financial aid statuses.
- Data entry of student enrollment information to ensure full and proper documentation.
- Follow-up with prospective students/applicants and record results in the database to ensure excellent student service throughout the enrollment process.
- Work closely with the Financial Aid, Office of Student Information, and other departments to assist students with their financing and advising needs.
- Participate in student registration and development activities designed to promote student awareness, retention and success.
- Work with academic advising to coordinate student registration as well as identify students who may face academic challenges and strive to overcome these issues in order to promote student success and retention.
- Participate in weekly team and floor-wide meetings to address best practices and strategies.
- Understand all applicable policies, procedures, regulations and laws regarding higher education enrollment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred; however, an equivalent combination of education, experience or training can be substituted for the bachelor’s degree.
- College admissions, talent recruitment and/or sales experience is required.
- Superior relationship building, teamwork and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent PC skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet applications and database software are a must.
- Weekend and evening hours required.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented, objected-focused environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to a changing and dynamic environment.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 127-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management