Assistant Director of Admissions – ADP (Undergraduate)
Post University is seeking an Assistant Director of Admissions – ADP (Undergraduate) to join our ADP team.
Are you a champion for both student and university success?
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever-evolving organization?
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
The Assistant Director of Online Admissions plays a vital and critical role within the Admissions operation. The primary responsibilities are to assist, support and execute the directives of the Director of Undergraduate Admissions – ADP specific to strategic and tactical business planning objectives. These objectives include hiring, training and developing the Admissions staff to successfully achieve and exceed the new student recruitment and completion goals.
The primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of 8 to 15 employees in the Admissions department.
- Responsible for interviewing potential admissions counselor candidates.
- Responsible for coaching and motivating admissions counselors.
- Responsible for evaluating admissions counselors to determine any training needs for both new and existing employees to consistently meet and exceed performance metrics.
- Works closely with the Admissions Trainer to determine ongoing or additional training for staff.
- Responsible for performance reviews; disciplining employees and elevate to next level is necessary.
- Responsible for addressing complaints and resolving problems and elevate to next level if necessary.
- Provides weekly enrollment reporting and projections for the Director of Undergraduate Admissions – ADP.
- Ensures that all admissions activities are documented in the school’s official tracking system (CRM), and reported to the appropriate personnel.
- Evaluates and resolves student inquiries, issues, and problems, and ensure that appropriate action is taken to the satisfaction of the student, Post University, and/or regulatory agencies in compliance with policies, procedures and legal requirements.
- Achieves admission results in each program which are consistent with university’s goals.
- Employs ethical admission practices which meet all regulatory agency and university standards.
- Attaining personal/individual student conversion goals.
- Maintaining high levels of communication with applicants, accepted students, and matriculated students before, during, and after the admission process.
- Managing and Auditing Inquiry and communications systems;
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience required; a Master Degree in Business Management or Higher Education Administration is preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience in college enrollment/admissions or a related field is preferred.
- 1-3 years’ management experience preferred
- Firm commitment and understanding of value-based selling and/or a consultative sales approach.
- Ability to maintain relationships with vendors, site providers, students, faculty and internal university support departments,
- Dynamic and positive person who can manage the successful operation of educational sites,
- Experience in higher education management helpful, but not required,
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate and detailed records in a regulated industry,
- Comfortable in an energetic, busy, and team oriented environment,
- Ability/experience with scheduling
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills, to enhance the university’s outreach to prospective students, vendors and internal staff.
- Believe in our unique education mission.
- Strong leadership skills.
- The ability and desire to work as a contributing member of a driven, energetic, and fun-loving enrollment team.
- A superior team attitude
- A willingness to implement out-of-the box staff training and motivation.
- Ability to work and succeed outside of a conventional work week that may require weekend and evening hours.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 127-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management