Associate Director, High School Academy
Post University is seeking an Associate Director, High School Academy to join our team.
Do you want to help others change their lives through education?
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever evolving organization?
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
The Associate Director of the High School Academy works collaboratively with Admissions, Student Advising and Academic Affairs to increase the enrollment of students at Post University Main Campus as well as ensure an extraordinary learning experience for our dual enrolled students on main campus and online in our High School Academy. To accomplish this, the Associate Director, with business development efforts will initiate, develop, maintain, and strengthen relationships with school districts and high schools.
- Build the strength and relevancy of the Post University brand and the High School Academy program locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Establish and maintain active relationships with the local and regional high schools and the district administration and superintendents.
- Meet or Exceed all High School Partnerships Goals and Metrics established by the University. These include but are not limited to new High School relationships and student enrollment and retention.
- Develop new High School Academy relationships with local, regional and to meet new HSA Partnership goals as well as retention of existing High School Academy Schools and School Districts.
- Solidify and establish new MOU Agreements with High Schools.
- Maintain and expand relationships with School Districts, Superintendents, Principals, Guidance Counselors and other School System officials and personnel.
- Pull data from a variety of sources (both raw data and established reports) to review, evaluate, and communicate the High School Academy’s progress towards University and/or departmental goals and metrics.
- Balance advocacy for the High School Academy with the greater needs of the University.
- Actively participate in the University-wide strategic planning process with specific accountability and advocacy for the High School Academy.
- Provide leadership in the development, enhancement, and review of academic policies, assure compliance with state, federal and accrediting agency regulations, and, with the Provost, effectively communicate all such policies to students, faculty, staff, and the University community.
- Work with Assistant Provost and Marketing department to ensure that academic content in the Catalog and on the website (and other University publications) is accurate and representative of the High School Academy.
- Communicate effectively and transparently to ensure timely communication of information across the Schools, Academic Affairs, and/or the University.
- Foster the University culture to Make It Personal by working cross-functionally across the University and enhancing the culture of collaboration and respect among all Faculty, Associates, and Students.
The successful candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree, and a minimum of two years of experience in higher education or related professional field. Experienced in business development and client development. Comfortable with goals and metrics to measure individual and departmental performance. Demonstrate an understanding of secondary education as well as a familiarity with the policies and regulations associated with secondary education and have an innovative vision for the future of dual enrollment. The candidate will be professional and have excellent interpersonal communication skills and be able to effectively work with students, faculty, and administrators. In addition, the candidate will have demonstrated knowledge of effective leadership, collaboration, and shared decision making as well as an understanding of the role of the ‘Business of Education’ as it relates to higher education. Candidate should be able to identify obstacles and find solutions by working together with teammates and other collaborators in the University.
Other preferred qualifications include demonstrated success in higher education curriculum development; experience with faculty professional development; and a proactive, action-oriented, get-it-done mentality.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 127-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management