Associate Faculty – MS in Counseling and Human Services
Post University is currently accepting applications for the role of Associate Faculty – MS in Counseling and Human Services to join our team.
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”, “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
At Post University, our Associate Faculty are dynamic, professional educators. They skillfully engage with students through the delivery of exceptional, personalized learning and student coaching experiences that add unique value in helping students fulfill their career goals. Associate Faculty provide wholehearted investment in students’ future through their caring time, talents, expertise, and energy. This position shares equal accountability for each student’s success which explains why the position is not referred to as ‘adjunct’. Our Associate Faculty are a vital and valued part of our student’s learning experience and our Academic Affairs team.
Post University is seeking experienced, creative, and committed Associate Faculty for our online MS in Counseling and Services program. The position will instructor master’s student learning a wide variety of counseling skills and concepts within our curriculum. Our associate faculty must value innovative and engaging multimedia teaching, experiential knowledge, and be committed to the personal growth and development of our students.
- Doctorate or terminal degree in Counselor Education, Counseling, or a related discipline.
- Teaching experience with online graduate-level courses in Counseling-related areas.
- Licensed as a Professional Counselor or another equivalent per respective state laws. Additional licenses in counseling areas are encouraged.
- Graduate from a CACREP-Accredited program preferred.
- Ability and/or aptitude to teach online class populations using accelerated 8-week formats in Blackboard.
- Employ a range of strategies to foster student learning to engage student discussion in an active learning environment online setting.
- Promptly assess student performance and appraise students’ progress.
- Applied technology skills (Blackboard, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) are required.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills and demonstrate a passion for teaching and learning.
- Knowledge of educational Learning Management Systems (Such as Blackboard LMS) is a plus.
Teaching opportunities are available for the following topics:
- Professional Counseling Orientation and Ethical Practice
- Social and Cultural Diversity
- Career Development
- Counseling and Helping Relationships
- Group Counseling and Group Work
- Assessment and Testing
- Research and Program Evaluation
- Field Work
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Attention to detail, punctual, accountable, and engaging.
- Understand or have a working knowledge of Blackboard, MS Teams, or similar LMS platforms
- Ability to teach the counseling-based curriculum to a diverse student population
- Ability to work under supervision.
Must have a Doctorate or terminal degree in Counselor Education, Counseling, or a related discipline.
Post University requires, as a condition of employment, that all new hires and employees have or obtain the Covid-19 vaccination and booster, and provide proof of same unless an exemption or deferral is approved.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 131-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. Founded in 1890, Post University is a student-focused, career-driven university committed to providing students with the knowledge, personal skills, and experience required to be leaders in their chosen fields
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Human Resources, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
"You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
"The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management