Director of First Impressions (Full Time)
Post University is seeking a Director of First Impressions (Full Time) to join our team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”, “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
The Director of First Impressions is responsible for serving as the welcoming presence of Post University’s main campus by greeting guests, students, and staff in a professional, warm, and inviting manner. The Director of First Impressions answers phones with a helpful attitude and serves as the local office manager by directing visitors and students to the appropriate people and places on campus, administration communication, scheduling, data entry, supply ordering, daily office upkeep, mail, and school-specific email. Above all, the individual in this role’s primary focus must be ensuring that every person who comes or calls into our welcome center has a truly extraordinary experience.
- Ensure that the phone is answered 100% of the time quickly, warmly, and upbeat during working hours.
- Create and maintain relationships with all staff and students by being a warm, welcoming presence at the front desk.
- Greet and assist all guests and direct them appropriately.
- Answer and genuinely communicate parents’ and professionals’ most frequently asked questions regarding Post University.
- Assist students, visitors, and staff in adjusting and maintaining the master schedule for the enrollment team.
- Coordinate student worker schedules and manage their projects and productivity.
- Keep all necessary school and marketing supplies in stock by maintaining inventory and proactively ordering through the defined Post procurement process.
- Support the enrollment process.
- Provide an extraordinary experience to staff, students and visitors.
- Help staff navigate company systems and processes.
- Participate in enrollment team meetings.
- Continuously enhance Post culture and happiness factor with students and staff.
- Support planning and execution of school events, including Open Houses, Visit Days, Accepted Students Day and Orientation.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates degree is preferred; however, an equivalent combination of education, experience or training can be substituted for the degree.
- At least three years of administrative assistant or office manager experience preferred.
- Multitasking abilities are a must.
- Spanish language skills are a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Supportive, collected nature and the ability to stay upbeat in difficult situations.
- Creating positive relationships with students, parents, associates, and the community.
- Strong student service focus and understanding of servant leadership.
- Patience and problem-solving approach when addressing issues.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and embrace change with flexibility.
- Highly organized with the ability to constantly multitask.
- Understand and execute core systems and processes.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely in written and oral communication.
- Solid listening and communicating skills.
- Well versed in technology and ability to teach others new technologies.
- Motivation to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- Our ideal candidate is an outgoing, well-organized individual who is eager to work in a highly dynamic, energetic school setting.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management