Director of Residential Life
Post University is seeking a Full-time Director of Residential Life to join our team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”,” We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive and fun! We are singularly focused difference makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
The Director of Residential Life is a live-in position that reports to the Senior Vice President. The Director of Residential Life shall hire, train, and evaluate all members of the Residence Life staff, ensure a comprehensive and ongoing training for Community Directors, Community Assistants, Resident Assistants, Peer Educators, Peer Educator Assistants, and other staff as necessary. The Director is responsible for the supervision and administration of the residence hall system and programs, including physical plant, program development, and summer conference programs are carried out to the satisfaction of the University. The Director will prepare and oversee the Residence Life department budget and assist in the day-to-day management of other relevant Student Life budgets as well as make recommendations on resource management within the Division of Student Life. The Director will oversee all judicial matters involving resident students coming from the University Judicial Board or any judicial administrators.
- Full Time, year-round live in position that oversees all Residence Life staff
- Coordinates student housing and room assignment processes for all residential students
- Director ensures that those responsibilities assigned to Community Directors, Community Assistants, and/or Resident Assistants in the Residence Life area are carried out properly and in a timely manner.
- Director works with others in providing quality control in the dining hall to make sure that Residence Life staff assists with behavioral problems that may occur in the facility.
- Director is involved in New Student Orientation, student and club programming and activities, Residence Hall Association activity, and all events on campus in a collaborative manner with other Student Life and University departments to ensure quality and quantity of events is above University expectations.
- Work with the Retention and Outreach Coordinator and Vice President for Student Experience to insure that the SGA and Clubs and Organizations that are free standing or part of the SGA provide a vibrant atmosphere at Post.
- Serve on any retention activity groups that are formed on campus and serve as Chair or Co-Chair as necessary.
- Supervise the Retention and Outreach Coordinators Initiatives and support them as necessary..
- Director schedules and leads meetings of the Residence Life Staff and any other subgroups necessary. Dean of Students and/or Vice President for Student Experience will attend and participate as possible but the responsibility for the meetings and the coordination within the department on a day-to-day basis will be the Director’s.
- Director provides support and collaboration with the Counseling Center, Title IX Office, Campus Safety, Facilities, Dining Services, Health Services, Academics, and Enrollment Management (Admissions, Advising, Financial Aid, Student Accounts).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours to meet the operational needs of the Residence Life Office as well as all other areas of Student Life.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is highly desired; however, an equivalent combination of education, experience or training can be substituted for the bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience working at a university in residence life and student services is required.
- Excellent record of dealing with parents, students, and colleagues.
- Experience in managing budgets, working with spread sheets and the ability to describe necessary reports in order to gain support from support services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees at all levels and with diverse student populations.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement assigned responsibilities and to work well under pressure to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and provide exemplary customer service along with a professional demeanor and a positive attitude.
Post University requires, as a condition of employment, that all new hires and employees have or obtain the Covid-19 vaccination and booster, and provide proof of same unless an exemption or deferral is approved.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
"You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
"The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management