E-Sports Coordinator – Student Life (Part-Time)
Post University is seeking an E-Sports Coordinator – Student Life (Part-Time) to join our team.
Do you want to help others change their lives through education?
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever evolving organization?
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
Under supervision of the Dean of Students, the E-Sports Coordinator serves as part -time professional responsible for the oversight/development of the Avis gaming club on campus and the overall vision, operation, and development of an E-sports team.
- Assist in public promotion of the program, identify and engage potential gamers
- Advise students on procedures for streaming online E-Sports content and creation techniques
- Develop an E-Sports Twitch channel
- Engage in best practices and trends in the E-Sports industry
- Provides technical expertise in the fundamentals of the sport, instructs student-athletes in the basics as well as advanced strategies
- Interface with students and parents to communicate about the program
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years of related experience
- Ability to operate computer equipment in E-Sports Lab/Arena including knowledge of gaming platforms, supporting websites, and troubleshoot equipment for optimal gaming experience
- Must have competitive level experience with multiplayer online video games
- Expert knowledge of Fortnite, League of Legends, Overwatch, Rocket League, Smashbrothers, or similar games
- Knowledge of National Association Collegiate Esports rules and regulations
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in an over 129-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. Founded in 1890, Post University is a student-focused, career-driven university committed to providing students with the knowledge, personal skills, and experience required to be leaders in their chosen fields
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Human Resources, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management