Post Esports Broadcaster/Shoutcaster (Part-time)
Post University is currently accepting applications for Post Esports Broadcaster/Shoutcaster (part-time) to join our growing team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!” and “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
The Post Esports Broadcaster/Shoutcaster works closely with the Esports Coordinator to provide a memorable, engaging, and professional broadcast to the Post University community through our Twitch.tv channel. This position will require either broadcasting a Post University Esports conference game, shoutcasting a game, or a combination of broadcasting and shoutcasting.
Location: Post University Main Campus – Drubner Athletic Building Esports Lab – Remote optional
Supervisor: Jonathan Martin, Esports Coordinator
Rate of Pay: $50.00 per match – per diem basis. This is a seasonal opportunity with matches during the months of Sept-Dec and Feb-April
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The primary duty of the Post Esports Broadcaster/Shoutcaster is to elevate the quality and quantity of Post University Esports broadcasts through either broadcast support, shoutcasting support, or both. Candidates will be required to sign off on the Post University Shoutcaster Code of Conduct if selected.
Minimum Skills, Training and Attributes:
- For broadcasters: Must be familiar with Twitch.tv and have experience live streaming gaming
- For shoutcasters: Must have in-depth knowledge regarding the competitive scene and gameplay of at least one of the following game titles: Smash Bros Ultimate, Valorant, Overwatch 2, Rocket League, League of Legends, NBA2k, Madden, Halo Infinite
- Experience shoutcasting other events is a plus
- Excellent communication skills required
- The Post Esports Broadcaster/Shoutcaster will be expected to be available for matches on weeknights from approximately 6:00pm eastern until the match concludes (matches start at various times, but most start at 6pm or later). The rate of pay will be the same regardless of how long the match takes, and the broadcaster/shoutcaster will be expected to stay the entire duration of the match.
- The Post Esports Broadcaster/Shoutcaster will be selected by the Esports Coordinator to cover a match on an as needed basis at the sole discretion of the Esports Coordinator.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 133-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. Founded in 1890, Post University is a student-focused, career-driven university committed to providing students with the knowledge, personal skills, and experience required to be leaders in their chosen fields
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
"You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
"The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management