Facilities Grounds Technician
Post University is seeking Facilities Grounds Technicians to join our team.
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for the landscaping and maintenance duties at the University’s facilities and grounds areas. The University Services Grounds Technician reports directly to the University Services Management Team under the division of Finance and Administration. This is a full time opportunity. The work schedule is Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. and the job is located at our campus in Waterbury, CT.
The primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for all duties related to litter pick-up, leaf removal, sweeping and general clean-up areas.
- Maintains and repair lawn areas, shrub planting, ground cover areas, vines, trees, flower beds, parking lots, walks and fences.
- Responsible for pruning of trees and shrubs each fall and spring.
- Cleaning of pond once a year.
- Responsible for the inspection, repair and installation of sprinkler systems.
- Removes snow from sidewalks and parking lots, and spreads salt on sidewalk and parking lot during icy conditions.
- Perform set-up and breakdown of events.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Assist with maintenance duties such as painting, changing light bulbs, assembling furniture.
- Ability to perform minor repairs on university equipment such as movers, tractors, dump trucks and a variety of hand/power tools.
- This position requires a flexible schedule and some evening and weekend hours to meet the operational needs of Post University.
- Completes other assignments as deemed appropriate by the University Services Management Team.
- Job requires standing for long periods of time.
- The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Job requires the ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of these that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comply with health and safety directives to include the use and/or wearing of protective materials.
- Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety procedures.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Help keep vehicles, equipment and tools in safe operating condition.
- Inspect and adjust tools and equipment for safety and efficiency and perform preventative maintenance as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Valid CT Driver’s License with a clean driving record approved by the University’s Insurance Carrier.
- Ability to use hand tools, including electronic equipment, and operate motorized equipment and vehicles such as cars, trucks or vans.
- The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to multi-task and provide exemplary customer service along with a professional demeanor and a positive attitude.
- Caring attitude, hard-working, energetic, and comfortable in a busy and physical work environment.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management