Financial Aid Advisor
Post University is seeking Financial Aid Advisors to join our growing online enrollment team.
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”, “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
Within the Division of the Office of Student Finance, the ADP Financial Aid Advisor (FAA) is responsible for working with all online and satellite students related to the tuition process for Post University. This position coordinates the different payment options to ensure that student tuition obligations are being met. The ADP Financial Aid Advisor will provide excellent customer service to students in a proactive manner and utilize problem-solving skills to work with students to promote success and retention. The Financial Aid Advisor is also responsible for all financial aid administrative tasks related to online and satellite students, including but not limited to: analyzing eligibility, awarding, file verification preparation, document tracking, ISIR review, file organization and auditing, and all other non-counseling financial aid processing tasks. Under general supervision, the Financial Aid Advisor compiles data for and assesses student eligibility for awarding and related services; reconciles accounts related to student eligibility and disbursement and troubleshoots to provide resolution to ensure tuition obligations are being met. The Financial Aid Advisor will work proactively and utilize problem-solving skills to promote success through enrollment and retention while maintaining compliance with all internal and federal financial aid policy and procedural information. Internal customer service is extensive and time sensitive.
Post University currently offers the option to work remotely in this position. Candidates will need to plug their equipment into their home router (50-foot ethernet cable will be provided by Post). No wireless connections are supported. The home internet minimum requirements are a 10 Mb download speed and a 3 Mb upload speed. The upload speed is essential for a consistent audio connection for the phone system.
- Effectively communicate/explain all available payment options and necessary steps of the Financial Aid Application Process, student responsibilities, and general affordability question expectations for all New Students.
- Provide outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Extensively provide student-focused, solution-oriented communication and support to ensure all students are comfortable and sufficiently informed/prepared.
- Possess a basic understanding of federal student aid processes such as FAFSA processing, federal Stafford and plus loan, entrance and exit requirements, verification process and awards, as well as government policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
- Works closely with various departments, such as admissions, student accounts, registrars, and advising, to assist students with their tuition obligations.
- Promptly respond to all student questions, concerns, and needs regarding the tuition process within an established timeframe.
- Follow up with the student and/or internal departments to ensure the established payment methods are finalized.
- Perform data entry of student’s financial aid information and all comments in our databases related to student’s status to ensure full and proper documentation.
- Responsible for collecting complete and accurate documents to ensure each student file contains all necessary documentation as outlined by established guidelines.
- Counsels students with high balance or delinquent accounts and determines if additional financing is needed and how it can be obtained.
- Participates in student registration activities and development activities designed to promote student awareness, retention, and success.
- Uses a database and various computer software to maintain and monitor confidential and other student records and files.
- Attend financial aid training activities as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ensure accuracy of all student files and resolve any conflicting data. Review of data should include but is not limited to review federal income tax returns and verify the data against financial aid applications; proper award and EFC calculation and adjust financial aid awards as necessary.
- Create and maintain student financial aid files. Audit all files upon completion of the award cycle. Responsible for ensuring each student file is complete and contains all necessary documentation, including most recent ISIR, correct award letter, and entrance counseling as outlined by established guidelines.
- Audit data at the end of each period of enrollment to ensure continued eligibility, monitor satisfactory academic progress, identify and adjust for any changes in awarding, ensure continued compliance to policies such as grade level progression or withdrawals, and update student financial aid records as needed.
- Basic understanding of necessary documentation required by students for professional judgment requests.
- This position requires a flexible schedule and some evening and weekend hours to meet our students’ needs. Current hours of operation are Monday – Thursday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm; Friday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm; and Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred; however, an equivalent combination of education, experience, or training can be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience in a higher education position such as admissions, tuition planning, and /or student finance preferred.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in rules and regulations and to stay within compliance.
- Ability to adapt quickly to internal changes to ensure continuous success of the University.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees at all levels and with diverse student populations.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement assigned responsibilities and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently in a high-volume environment with interruptions.
- Skill in communicating respectfully, sensitively, and effectively with people at various levels within an organization.
- Skill in following written instructions, formulas, and guidelines to analyze data to conclude.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, objective focused environment.
- Must have excellent PC skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet applications, and database software.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use tact and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management