Graduate Admissions Counselor – ADP
Post University is seeking a Graduate Admissions Counselor ADP (Full-time) to join our growing team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”, “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
A Post University Graduate Admissions counselor (in our Accelerated Degree Program) is responsible for responding to student inquiries regarding graduate admission to the University’s online and evening & weekend programs in a timely and customer-focused manner. You will need excellent communication, listening, customer service and sales skills to excel in this high volume, customer-driven position.
- Foster the Post culture to Make It Personal by working cross-functionally across the University and enhancing the culture of collaboration and respect among all Faculty, Associates, and Students.
- Promptly respond to student inquiries regarding Post University and our program offerings.
- Conduct mostly telephone and occasional personal interviews to help prospective students identify their interests and choose an online degree program that fits their personal and career goals.
- Follow-up with prospective students/applicants and record results in the database to ensure excellent customer service throughout the enrollment process.
- Work closely with the Financial Aid, Office of Student Information, and other supporting departments to assist students with their financing and advising needs.
- Participate in student registration and development activities designed to promote student awareness, retention and success.
- Meet & ideally exceed established team and individual enrollment goals.
- Participate in weekly team meetings to address best practices and strategies.
- Understand all applicable policies, procedures, regulations and laws regarding higher education enrollment.
- Data entry of student enrollment information to ensure full and proper documentation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s Degree is preferred or in process of completion.
- Experience in higher-education admissions and/or recruiting position with a consultative sales approach to successfully promote our program is desired.
- Prior sales, call center, customer service, and/or marketing experience a plus.
- Superior relationship building, teamwork, and communication skills including an excellent phone presence and personality.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent PC skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet applications, and database software are a must.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented, objected-focused environment
- Flexibility to adapt to a changing and dynamic environment.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management